The final 15

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: The final 15

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jimbo wrote:Who would be a suitable replacement Batting wise should taibu not make the trip?. I would keep on ringing brendon's mobile phone if I was ZC, Certainly I think consideration should be given to someone like friday kasteni if taibu is slapped with a ban
Yeah, I agree. They should be trying to get Taylor (I'm not sure that Taibu is actually a better wicket keeper than Taylor anyway...), with Kasteni as the backup (I think he is an occasional wicket keeper too) and perhaps Tafadzwa Ngulube who is a very good wicket keeper / batsman.

r@ndom

Post by r@ndom »

what did Taylor do a few years back in ordervto earn disciplinary action from zc?

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I believe that there were two seperate incidents with brendon taylor. One is that he missed Training camp twice and no reasonable excuses were provided. Another is that 24 hrs before Zimbabwe were set to take on south africa in a test series in 2005 Taylor though it would be a good idea to hit the nightclubs.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

zim might not even be able to go to canada acording to cricinfo. there having problems with there visas

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

jimbo wrote:One is that he missed Training camp twice and no reasonable excuses were provided
ZC didn't consider "I hit the nightclubs" to be a good reason :lol: :lol:

(Note: I don't know what his reasons for missing training were)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/pages/cricket50.18849.html

It looks rather serious, Taibu is facing court on charges of assault.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Taibu has withdrawn from the tour - official reason given is that his wife is unwell, but I don't think there's any doubt as to the real reason. Probably too late for a replacement to be named now - assuming they even travel, given the visa doubts.
http://sandbox.zimcricketnews.com/node/1811

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I think that withdrawing was the responsible thing to do. I doubt Taibu would have been able to play to his full potential with this hanging over him even if he did travel.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

According to the latest updates on Cricinfo, looks like the team is traveling to Canada after all, and Taibu has been successfully persuaded by the board to join the team. Can there be any more confusion? Icing on the cake would be to see BRMT turn up for the match on 10th October. :P

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

What would we do without Steven Price eh? :roll:

It underlines the problems within ZC that not only is Taibu - a bloke with assault charges hanging over his head - going to Canada and Kenya, but that he was encouraged to. He better damn well score half a dozen centuries so the excuse that he strengthens the squad actually holds up. :?