[Match Thread] Rocks v Tuskers (Logan Cup)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[Match Thread] Rocks v Tuskers (Logan Cup)

Post by maehara »

Southern Rocks v Matabeleland Tuskers
Masvingo Sports Club, 17-20 October 2011

Rocks have displayed quite the never-say-die attitude in the Pro50, and overhauled a 260+ target against Tuskers at the weekend. Can their one-day form transfer to the 4-day game..?

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Rocks v Tuskers (Logan Cup)

Post by Train Driver »

Tuskers won the toss and put Rocks into bat in Masvingo, no idea why but cricinfo had Tawanda Mupariwa in the Rocks squad although he's not playing, probably just a leg pull ....

Rocks : Chauluka, Kaia, Chinyengetere, Vermeulen, Mutumbami, Maregwede (c/wk), Chisoro, Matanga, Panyangara, Kamungozi & Muzarabani

Tuskers : Duffin, Chari, Ewing (c), Ervine, Dabengwa, Wheater (wk), Meth, Trenchard, Querl, Ncube & Mboyi

Vermeulen back for Rocks, Chari and Querl making First Class debuts for Tuskers and a question mark over Meth, thought he was supposed to be with the T20 squad

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

maehara wrote:Rocks have displayed quite the never-say-die attitude in the Pro50, and overhauled a 260+ target against Tuskers at the weekend. Can their one-day form transfer to the 4-day game..?

We handed that victory to them! It looks like common sense has prevailed and Ewing has dropped Staddon for his stuff-up!

Train Driver wrote:Vermeulen back for Rocks, Chari and Querl making First Class debuts for Tuskers and a question mark over Meth, thought he was supposed to be with the T20 squad

I hope it's true that Meth is playing for us. Afterall, he's wasting his time with Zim always calling him up and not making use of him! That pobably means Mpofu will be opening the bowling with poor Jarvis! (Why don't Zim just throw in Mpofu, Meth, Ncube, Querl & Dabengwa, plus Ewing part-time - proven unit, at least better than the rubbish we have on show lately :lol: ). NZ should probably insist on playing the Tuskers instead of ZimXI in the warmup game. It'll probably be the only competitive game they get all tour!!!

Don't know who Chari is but considering he's surrounded by class oozing from this champion side, he won't go wrong! Is he in for Horton? Where is that chap?

Go Vermeulen!!! :D You were sorely missed. Only a matter of time before you and Duffin open for clueless Zim!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

aydee

Post by aydee »

hhm wrote:
maehara wrote:Rocks have displayed quite the never-say-die attitude in the Pro50, and overhauled a 260+ target against Tuskers at the weekend. Can their one-day form transfer to the 4-day game..?

We handed that victory to them! It looks like common sense has prevailed and Ewing has dropped Staddon for his stuff-up!

Train Driver wrote:Vermeulen back for Rocks, Chari and Querl making First Class debuts for Tuskers and a question mark over Meth, thought he was supposed to be with the T20 squad

I hope it's true that Meth is playing for us. Afterall, he's wasting his time with Zim always calling him up and not making use of him! That pobably means Mpofu will be opening the bowling with poor Jarvis! (Why don't Zim just throw in Mpofu, Meth, Ncube, Querl & Dabengwa, plus Ewing part-time - proven unit, at least better than the rubbish we have on show lately :lol: ). NZ should probably insist on playing the Tuskers instead of ZimXI in the warmup game. It'll probably be the only competitive game they get all tour!!!

Don't know who Chari is but considering he's surrounded by class oozing from this champion side, he won't go wrong! Is he in for Horton? Where is that chap?

Go Vermeulen!!! :D You were sorely missed. Only a matter of time before you and Duffin open for clueless Zim!

Brian Chari is a teenager who played for Zim u19 last year, and got 70-odd against SA u19 at Newlands. Horton is at a friend's wedding in Australia.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

So Meth has been released of national drinks carrying duties, but Querl is the man in the wickets. Rocks in trouble, as you would expect, ... make that 57-5, as Meth gets Chinyengetere.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Looks as though i owe Mutumbami an apology, as soon as i mentioned on saturday that he was looking good and could be a national outsider he was out, followed by a first baller today, the hex is on :?

Agreed, it's much better for Meth to be playing than serving up cold drinks, meanwhile Querl is doing well on debut

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

aydee wrote:Brian Chari is a teenager who played for Zim u19 last year, and got 70-odd against SA u19 at Newlands. Horton is at a friend's wedding in Australia.
Thanks aydee. It's a good thing for the Rocks that Horton isn't there. It'll lighten the workload for them a tiny bit! Which franchises do you and foreignfield support (or the other guys who haven't pointed that out in their profiles?
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Tom91

Post by Tom91 »

So does that mean that Meth will miss the first one dayer on thursday or is he just going to play 3 days in masvingo and travel up to harare on wednesday night lol

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Tom91 wrote:So does that mean that Meth will miss the first one dayer on thursday or is he just going to play 3 days in masvingo and travel up to harare on wednesday night lol
This Guy has clearly earned his stripes. get him in for chigumbura in the one dayers

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

hhm wrote: Thanks aydee. It's a good thing for the Rocks that Horton isn't there. It'll lighten the workload for them a tiny bit! Which franchises do you and foreignfield support (or the other guys who haven't pointed that out in their profiles?
I tend to follow the Logan Cup with interest, but I do not outright support a particular franchise - I tend to favour the sides from outside the two big centres, i.e. Mountaineers and Rhinos (the Rocks haven't gotten to me yet). But I will readily admit to supporting your Tuskers against the Eagles anyday ;)