[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand 1st ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand 1st ODI

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Skippers ton on 100th match @ HSC will sound much better than Kiwi player joining Andy Flower as centurions on debut
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I've realized anusha gamage is a secret alternative personality of a poster here on this forum,
Saying what's REALLY on his mind....scary thing he's often true - prophet of doom is correct.
Spelling botch ups is a trollish touch

Who's going to fess up?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

One of you appears to be hiding.... I know I'm not Anusha.... But someone.... Someone in the group is not who he appears to be. From Now on we watch each other - dont turn your back on any reg. Poster ....trust no one.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

andybligz93

Post by andybligz93 »

those of you calling for jarvis to be rested nxt match seriously shoosh. the more game time he gets the better he willl get and learn, he needs to play against all the nations and try new things and see what suits him best. playing freaking 4 spinners and mpofu doesnt work ! its the old zim and we are trying to make a name for ourselves not just some defensive handy odi team that know one respects ! the only way for us to improve is to find good consistent fast bowlers who can take wickets , jarvis is one of them hes just not internationally confident , you can see it easily. he is the our spearhead bowler now and for the next 10 years hopefully. experience brings confidence and new skills something he does not have atm , do you think dropping him will improve him ? NO he has now seen he got spanked aroud the park but he wasnt alone we only got one wicket. please zim keep playing vitori , jarvis ect !

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

andybligz93 wrote:those of you calling for jarvis to be rested nxt match seriously shoosh. the more game time he gets the better he willl get and learn, he needs to play against all the nations and try new things and see what suits him best. playing freaking 4 spinners and mpofu doesnt work ! its the old zim and we are trying to make a name for ourselves not just some defensive handy odi team that know one respects ! the only way for us to improve is to find good consistent fast bowlers who can take wickets , jarvis is one of them hes just not internationally confident , you can see it easily. he is the our spearhead bowler now and for the next 10 years hopefully. experience brings confidence and new skills something he does not have atm , do you think dropping him will improve him ? NO he has now seen he got spanked aroud the park but he wasnt alone we only got one wicket. please zim keep playing vitori , jarvis ect !
I agree.

As I'm sure you are aware andybligz93, in the AFL it takes many years for a player to make an impact. Look at Brendon Goddard; in his first couple of years people were writing him off because he was a number one draft pick and wasn't breaking games wide open. Fast forward to 2010 and he's one of the best players in the competition.

This doesn't only apply to AFL, it applies to all sports. Young players take time to develop; but there is tremendous upside to persevering with them. I reckon Jarvis looks like he could be a very, very good fast bowler. But I'm not expecting miracles overnight. I'll take a keen interest in how his Test career develops because I suspect, like most players, once he becomes a consistent Test player his ODI form will follow suit. It's about getting the basics correct. If he's hitting the right lines and taking wickets while bowling 25-35 overs an innings then this will translate to better ODI performances as well.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Something different needs to be done next match. maybe bring Mushangwe in for Utseya or Shingi masakadza for Mpofu.

Price and utseya too similar in that they are containing bowlers who dont spin the ball much

BaijuSpeaks

Post by BaijuSpeaks »

Masakadza is awefully out of form and he should be dropped for next game. So, is Utseya. We have tried so many players in order to give our scoring rate a boost at No.3 and they all have failed so far. So, why not Chigumbura be given a chance at No 3. I really liked the way he played in T20 when he was sent up the order. In the next match I really like to see a team in this batting order

Sibanda
Chibabha
Chigumbura
Taylor
Taibu
Mutizwa
Meth
Price
Mushangwe
Jarvis
Mpofu

hhm

Post by hhm »

Strange. But I must hand one thing to you Baiju, you would easily make it into our selection panel. You've shown that you meet the criteria right there! Although I would add Zhuwawo in place of Taibu so we can breathe more life to that middle order.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

BaijuSpeaks wrote:Masakadza is awefully out of form and he should be dropped for next game. So, is Utseya. We have tried so many players in order to give our scoring rate a boost at No.3 and they all have failed so far. So, why not Chigumbura be given a chance at No 3. I really liked the way he played in T20 when he was sent up the order. In the next match I really like to see a team in this batting order

Sibanda
Chibabha
Chigumbura
Taylor
Taibu
Mutizwa
Meth
Price
Mushangwe
Jarvis
Mpofu
Had to think a bit before responding so I will ask, which team are you watching?

Masakadza off form?

Third highest runs getter this ODI season 285 at 31.66, yes inconsistant (2 50s and 2 ducks), but productive...off form? I disagree...

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=batting

Utseya dropped, maybe but why? certainly not form or lack of wickets....third highest wicket taker with 7 one behind Price at a better average and comparable economy rate... certainly not aweful form as you call it...I tend to agree based on different reasons see my thread on postmortem of the 1st ODI

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=bowling

Chigs at 3??? Mate! the guy can't buy a run, how would sending him up the order help?

Nice one hhm ;)
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

hhm wrote:Strange. But I must hand one thing to you Baiju, you would easily make it into our selection panel. You've shown that you meet the criteria right there! Although I would add Zhuwawo in place of Taibu so we can breathe more life to that middle order.
I'm with you there Hhm. 8-)