[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand (2nd ODI)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand (2nd ODI)

Post by Flower power »

I see Meth has been thrown in the fray , Waller has been given a chance too.
Go Meth hope you get a five for and silence the selectors who have doubted you .

anusha gamage

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs New Zealand (2nd ODI)

Post by anusha gamage »

anusha SL
hi NZ WON the toss and bat 2nd ....well well well ,,,R . taylor have a good cricket brain than zim. taylor
he miss a golden chance last mach..... i wonder NZ middle oder not bat yet ...they shoud bat 1 st :D :D :D
very simple they need to win a game ...look like he is very intaligen captain ....ok now is zim goin to loss... very hard to bat froget about run rate ..dont blame to top order batmans .....that is HSC

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

They are respecting the inexperienced nz bowlers too much at the moment

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

Jarvis duly put out of his misery. Changes are happening earlier than I expected. If his dropped at HSC then he it's even harder to get him to play at Queens. I did say the selectors were putting themselves in a spot. They were never going to be in a position to drop Mpofu whose more economical and performed consistently for a long time, ahead of Kyle/Brian in case of an outcry. Now Meth will also demand an equally long run. I was shocked when Liam even had the nerve to suggest Meth come in for Mpofu instead of Jarvis!! Let's hope the Tuskers pair does well.

Pity Taylor isn't opening with Hamilton.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Runs are starting to flow a bit more after such a circumspect start. I'd like to see them at 0/40 or so by the tenth over; this could be a pretty good foundation for the rest of the innings as long as they keep their wickets intact while the pitch is still doing something.

hhm

Post by hhm »

Hamilton probably realises that he has to make big runs today.
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

Almost the team l asked for would have kept Jarvis for one of Price or Utseya...but over the moon Meth got a chance...
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

hhm

Post by hhm »

:W: I hope Taylor plays another captain's knock. He normally follows up a good score with a nothing score. Not one of thos days surely!

hhm

Post by hhm »

NZ clearly aren't very smart! Why bother bowling good balls and gift Zim 230 runs, when you can easily give them bad balls and have them all out for 130. Ross needs Dan the man to give him some tips there. He did it to Craig Ervine with no fuss in the WC.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I reckon Taibu is still being hampered by his finger injury - it's why he's not keeping and I think it is affecting his batting too. He doesn't look like himself; he should be given the time he needs to recover.

Another 150 run partnership is needed from Taylor and Mutizwa now. :)