Series Thread: Al Barakha Cup (Canada T20)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Series Thread: Al Barakha Cup (Canada T20)

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

andy24 wrote:And was anyone able to watch the match
Yeah, most of us who were posting in this thread were looking at the stream. For everyone that didn't see it, looking at the scorecard doesn't tell the whole story. What sums it up is when Kopje and I posted almost simultaneously about Dabengwa... that has to be the one of worst decisions I have seen a captain make, you could see the game slipping away the moment it happened... it would be like Ponting handing the ball to Matthew Hayden to bowl the last over. :cry:

I have posted some photos of the game at http://www.brmtaylor.com/news-91.html - the best of which is the side on view of the Price/Taibu run out, which was the best part of the game for mine, as the next ball Jayawardene was run out and it looked like the momentum had shifted towards Zimbabwe. Some interesting things to note were that the pitch looks shocking, the two decent spinners playing (Price and Mendis) had a field day. The actual ground doesn't look as bad as the video in the other thread suggests, it is totally transformed with the temporary stands - most of which were empty for the Zim vs SL match, but I'm sure for the Pakistan vs Canada game it would have been more crowded.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

looking foward to tonites matchand i try and watch it to. I think it be stupid not to bowl murama tonite. i rekon in 20/20 the slower bowlers are generly the better bowlers. there much harder to get away.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Live stream for Canada vs Zimbabwe available at http://qmasti.com/2008/10/live-cricket- ... -zimbabwe/

Zimbabwe have won the toss and chosen to field first, a good move.

Chawaguta is talking to the commentator, I liked his little dig on Utseya "Yesterday there were perhaps some bad decisions in terms of who to bowl at crisis points". Talked briefly on Test status, he seems alright.

Another freezing day, maximum of 18 degrees. Faster outfield expected today. A different pitch used today, full of moisture, not a lot of bounce for Chigumbura and Mpofu it would seem then.

Utseya, still the captain it seems, said Zhuwawo is coming into the team. Not really sure what he said after that, but it seemed like maybe he said Taibu was the omission?

andy24

Post by andy24 »

lets hope were in for a good game :)

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Yes Zimbabwe lets go!!

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Is the inclusion of Cephas Zhuwao justified? Somebody school me here with some facts, i am a bit worried about this.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Ah, Taibu not out... good :)

Zhuwawo in for Mpofu, so Chigumbura will open again! :D

Go Zimbabwe!

andy24

Post by andy24 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Got the stream up andy? :)
yes thanks bit patchy though

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

You little beauty, Chigumbura you star!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Canada (1/0)