2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: 2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:31 am
pillowprocter wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:09 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:40 pm
Afghanistan shuold not be competing against other Test sides or in ICC events. They have government interference and as a result should be banned like we were.
What's your opinion on the other teams that do this, eg Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and (I think) Scotland?
Exactly the same. If the rules apply for one, they should apply for all.
I think it’s more a cumulative list of ills that led to that. None of the other 12 full a member boards waste or steal ICC funds like ZC. There have been 2 qualifiers in 5 years and millions coming in, with comparatively little expenses, yet HSC doesn’t have basic floodlights.

On top of that, ZC’s infield performance has also been poorer than any of the other 11 full members and perhaps even 1 or 2 of the Associates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:29 pm

I think it’s more a cumulative list of ills that led to that. None of the other 12 full a member boards waste or steal ICC funds like ZC. There have been 2 qualifiers in 5 years and millions coming in, with comparatively little expenses, yet HSC doesn’t have basic floodlights.

On top of that, ZC’s infield performance has also been poorer than any of the other 11 full members and perhaps even 1 or 2 of the Associates.
That's bullshit. Rules state no government interference. It does not say that you get to pick and choose.

ZC not having floodlights should not be a factor in suspending them as it's not in the rules. Government interference and failure to develop a womens side as a Test nation, are.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I doubt the Afghanistan Cricket Board would ask the ICC to suspend them due to Taliban interference. For as bad as ZANU-PF is, they aren't going to stick your head on a pole for insubordination and parade it around the town square like the Taliban would.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:49 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:

That's bullshit. Rules state no government interference. It does not say that you get to pick and choose.

ZC not having floodlights should not be a factor in suspending them as it's not in the rules. Government interference and failure to develop a womens side as a Test nation, are.
I also mentioned on field performance. It’s likely a cumulative thing.

And how do you define government interference? Indian gov telling the BCCI they can’t play in or vs Pakistan bilaterally literally caused the WC schedule to be delayed by a whole year. Isn’t that government interference?

The reality is BCCI brings value that supersedes that (massive) gov interference.

The rules have never applied to everyone equally.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Yes, you mentioned it, but that is not a factor.

The case you mentioned is not government interference, it's government advice. All boards take advice from govt on matters of safety and travel. That's normal.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:55 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Yes, you mentioned it, but that is not a factor.

The case you mentioned is not government interference, it's government advice. All boards take advice from govt on matters of safety and travel. That's normal.
Nah, the BCCI has said the GOI is prohibiting them playing PAK…not advising them against it. Of course, that may or may nkt be true because India and Pak are playing bilaterally in many other sports. But taken at fave value, the BCCI’s statement is total gov intereference. But should the ICC ban India for that? I say no because obviously cricket without India is nkt cricket anymore. IMO.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
pillowprocter wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:09 am

What's your opinion on the other teams that do this, eg Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and (I think) Scotland?

How exactly is Zimbabwe's performance poorer than all 11 Test playing nations and even a few associates?

Ireland have finished below Zimbabwe in both WCQs. The last 2 ODI series between the two have been drawn while Zimbabwe have won the last T20 series.

Which team - Ireland, Afghanistan or Associates have beaten Australia in an ODI in Australia? Who have beaten Pakistan in an ICC event. Zimbabwe did manage to win ODI and T20 series against Bangladesh last year, have Ireland or any associate done that?

Zimbabwe managed ODI wins against Pak in Pak and against SL in SL.

You can highlight the fact that Netherlands have finished ahead of Zimbabwe in both T20 WC and WCQs now but then Zimbabwe have also won the T20 qualifiers last year beating the Dutch and also won the ODI series against them.

Have Ireland drawn test matchs against West Indies or Sri Lanka?

How many games have Afghanistan win in the last T20 WC or the ODI WC? - Zero. How exactly are they doing well?

Bangladesh lost to Canada in 2003 WC, they were a test playing nation at the time, so what on field performances we are talking about? In 2007 they beat India and South Africa while losing to Ireland... These things happen.

Afghanistan, the blue eyes boys of ICC, ask them to produce a test cricketer like Andy Flower or Heath Streak then we will talk about how much progress they've made. Not on the basis of some crap T20 wins or on the back of Rashid Khan playing 50 franchise leagues.

Truth is that Zimbabwe have messed up, that one win against Scotland would not have raised these questions. They have themselves to blame, I agree... One player in Gary Ballance could have given them that WC slot but he fucked up. They have rotten luck what can ZC do in this?

It is easy to bash someone up when they are down. I know Zimbabwe cricket board is not the best and they've struggled in the past but many other nations like Ireland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh (in the past) have got far better treatment than what Zimbabwe have. It is a team that has been isolated most of the times... Everytime there is a question on their funding by just about every one who wants that share of money because they are easy targets. For me this is not done.

They've rised from 2003, they've rised from 2018,theyve rised from suspension. No other team would have survived after all this. I'm in fact very proud of what these boys have achieved. Be it Raza or Hamilton or Brendan or Elton or Williams or Prosper... They have given their all and they have ensured ZC has survived through the most difficult of times. To question their on field performances is an insult to them.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:31 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

How exactly is Zimbabwe's performance poorer than all 11 Test playing nations and even a few associates?

Ireland have finished below Zimbabwe in both WCQs. The last 2 ODI series between the two have been drawn while Zimbabwe have won the last T20 series.

Which team - Ireland, Afghanistan or Associates have beaten Australia in an ODI in Australia? Who have beaten Pakistan in an ICC event. Zimbabwe did manage to win ODI and T20 series against Bangladesh last year, have Ireland or any associate done that?

You can highlight the fact that Netherlands have finished ahead of Zimbabwe in both T20 WC and WCQs now but then Zimbabwe have also won the T20 qualifiers last year beating the Dutch and also won the ODI series against them.

How many games have Afghanistan win in the last T20 WC or the ODI WC? - Zero. How exactly are they doing well?

Bangladesh lost to Canada in 2003 WC, they were a test playing nation at the time, so what on field performances we are talking about? In 2007 they beat India and South Africa while losing to Ireland... These things happen.

Afghanistan, the blue eyes boys of ICC, ask them to produce a test cricketer like Andy Flower or Heath Streak then we will talk about how much progress they've made. Not on the basis of some crap T20 wins or on the back of Rashid Khan playing 50 franchise leagues.

Truth is that Zimbabwe have messed up, that one win against Scotland would not have raised these questions. They have themselves to blame, I agree... One player in Gary Ballance could have given them that WC slot but he fucked up. They have rotten luck what can ZC do in this?

It is easy to bash someone up when they are down. I know Zimbabwe cricket board is not the best and they've struggled in the past but many other nations like Ireland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh (in the past) have got far better treatment than what Zimbabwe have. It is a team that has been isolated most of the times... Everytime there is a question on their funding by just about every one who wants that share of money because they are easy targets. For me this is not done.

They've rised from 2003, they've rised from 2018,theyve rised from suspension. No other team would have survived after all this. I'm in fact very proud of what these boys have achieved. Be it Raza or Hamilton or Brendan or Elton or Williams or Prosper... They have given their all and they have ensured ZC has survived through the most difficult of times. To question their on field performances is an insult to them.
All I'll say is, I love this post.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Sam For President 👏🏼

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:31 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Awesome post. Nailed it.