Match Thread: Zimbabwe Vs Ireland (Round 2)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Match Thread: Zimbabwe Vs Ireland (Round 2)

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

How does this line up look for tomorrow's match against Ireland?

Masakadza
Chakabva
Chibhabha
Taibu
Chigumbura
Matsikenyeri
Cremer
Utseya
Price
Mupariwa
Mpofu

I also wanted Maruma in the side, but Matsikenyeri's score in the last match allows him to stay in the team.

At the moment, looking at Aussie bowling woes in India, clearly, Price, Cremer and Utseya can walk into the Ausssie test side without a doubt.

jimbo

Re: Line up for Zimbabwe Vs Ireland (Round 2)

Post by jimbo »

I would definetly give Cremer a go in this Match. He even has a better first class hundred than someone like keith Dabengwa and Cremer is certainly the Better Bowler out of the two.
Matsikenyeri's Future is assured at least for the next year thanks in part to His 50 against Kenya and also thanks to the incompetent selectors who are at loathe to Jettison him

muyendesi

Re: Match Thread: Zimbabwe Vs Ireland (Round 2)

Post by muyendesi »

i doubt if they will give cremer a chance aganist ireland. there seem to be a bias towards the black players at the moment . i wont be shocked if the boy just decide to leave zim cricket. on current form he is better than dabengwa, maruma and even utseya. lets not forget the lad took the most wickets in the SSA provincial 3 day challenge last year for zim province. he has earned his place on merit instead of debengwa and matsikenyere.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Too true muyendesi. I think Cremer is Test Match Quality also and has had relative success in the test arena. Discounting that dreadfull first Test against South Africa in 2005 when everyone suffered. He did well against Bangladesh in the 2005 test series and bowled really well Against south africa ( Second test :) )

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Match abandoned today, so I believe that's 2 points each.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Win or bust now for zimbabwe in the next match. They cannot rely on other teams to slip up. Lets stick it to kenya like we should have done in the first match :)

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

If Kenya beat Ireland tomorrow, then Zimbabwe will reach the final regardless of who wins the Zim/Kenya match on Thursday - their NRR is higher than Ireland's at the moment, and if Ireland lose theirs will only get worse.
If Ireland win tomorrow, then Zim/Kenya becomes a winner-takes-all match.