Steven trenchard

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Steven trenchard

Post by Googly »

I've seen Trenchy go toe to toe in a couple of club games. I agree there aren't too many verbals in the First Class format, but Trenchy is well known for being easy to upset. The comments are more subtle I think. I suspect Tino Mawoyo is pretty good at it, he's smart and funny. Some of the comments may go sailing over a few people's heads!!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Googly wrote:Tino Mawoyo is pretty good at it, he's smart and funny. Some of the comments may go sailing over a few people's heads!!
Tino is really smart, as we got to know from his commentary stints last year. Who can forget his sledging of Saeed Ajmal in that last test we won, telling him he won't last the evening and he got out! That wicket was Tino's as much as the bowler's :)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

What happened to Steve Trenchard? He seemed to disappear just as he got close to national selection back in 2014. His gritty batting would be useful at the moment.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya he was getting on a bit in cricketing terms and two franchise seasons of postponements, cancelled games and non payment of players I guess made his mind up for him.
He’s a loss to the game because he brought an edge to most games he played in. What little FC and List A we do play is far too friendly without him :lol:
I don’t think ZC liked him much, he called a spade a spade.