[Match Thread] Tuskers vs Mountaineers (Pro50)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

[Match Thread] Tuskers vs Mountaineers (Pro50)

Post by hhm »

Rain saved the Mountaineers from certain defeat in the Logan Cup match, hopefully it stays away this time around!

SQUADS:
Tuskers: PJ Horton, T Duffin, Sm Trenchard, KM Dabengwa, SM Ervine, B Chari, CK Coventry, KO Meth, T Ngulube†, RG Querl, TM Mboyi
Mountaineers: P Mustard, JT Mawudzi, H Masakadza, KT Kasuza, T Maruma*, EJ Eckersley†, P Utseya, SW Masakadza, DT Tiripano, N Mushangwe, TL Chatara

Looks like Ewing(&Craig) miss out(injury?) so Horton probably leading! Dabengwa continues to be sent ahead of better batsmen!

I picked it up at 58/2, after Duffin had given Shingi&Tiripano a minor lesson, I can see many going green with envy if he gets a century at his current strike rate of 82! :D

Anyway, it'll be a tight match, but the might of Sean&Coventry might prove to be too much for the goats IF they stick around! So victory points for the Tuskers is my verdict! I've gotten all of our Pro50 games wrong!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

hhm

Re: [Match Thread] Tuskers vs Mountaineers (Pro50)

Post by hhm »

Aren't we in trouble! 110/5@4.4 after 25overs!

Coventry 3, Chari 15. Chance for Coventry to show he can pace a big 'long' innings and no better chance for Chari to step up to the plate!

DUffin did well, but misses out on a match winning innings. Would much rather have Craig for his brother at the moment!

The spin duo of Utseya&Mushangwe on a strangling act! Why do we underestimate Prosper so much! The Tuskers batsmen would've done well to see him off and attack the others instead. Not surprised Chatara's causing havoc, from what I saw this guy is extremely quick!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

Really hope Prosper keeps those dot balls coming. And he's taking wickets too!
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

hhm

Post by hhm »

197 all out then.

Duffin did well up front, but Ewing&Craig were missed in that middle order! Noetheless, Coventry, Chari & Meth did their best to bolster the inings lower down the order. All in all a poor display by the Tuskers batting. If not for the wayward Mountaineers bowlers(), we would've been in a really embarrassing situation!

5/39 off 12 for Chatara, and 2/23 off 9 for Utseya. Brilliant bowling by those two!

Shingi not doing chances for NZ any favours, while Querl will be up against it to get a more fovourable lookin compared to Chatara!

Conant

Post by Conant »

You know this young Kasuza has got to be special, no two ways about it. He's outbatting Hamilton Masakadza by a long way and seems on a race against time to get his century before they close out the total

takleg
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by takleg »

Vusi's new opening partner!! Yeah, I know I'm getting a little over excited, but Kasuza is becoming harder and harder to ignore!!
Vusi, Mawoyo, H.Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Mutumbami, S.Masakadza, Meth, Price, Jarvis

muyendesi

Post by muyendesi »

Is this young man still eligeble to play in the under 19 world cup?

betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by betterdays »

pretty comprehensive victory...

what i do like is that if ZCF were selectors we would be fighting to narrow a growing squad:

"get them in the team now" by popular ZCF demand:
seam - Vitori, Jarvis, Mpofu, Rainsford, Panyangara, Shingi, Chatara, Meth, Querl ...
spin - Price, Cremer, Utseya (surprisingly i have not heard demands for lamb or Mushangwe to be 'got into the team now')
Bats - Vusi, Hammi, Tino, Trenchard, Waller, Ervine, Taylor, Taibu, Forster, Kasuza, Williams, Kaia (did someone call for him? maybe not), Meth (only one voice for his batting)
allrounders - I still want chigs (but do we actually have any we trust?)

24 man squad. I suppose it's a positive thing having so many that at least one of us believes can make it to our test team. On the other hand this could be a problem of selecting people on only recent excellence and not prolonged good form.

If, as someone suggests, we see Querl, Vitori, Jarvis, Meth (and I'll just assume 'Cremer' based on the other 4 choices) sent over to NZ ... then please don't forget to wrap a bow round them, and attach a little christmas card saying "Dear Ross, sorry for the late delivery" !! :) OK maybe not that bad, but i hope there's some experience...

Edit ... shyte, how could I forget Duffin and Vermuelan as bats (26 Squad)

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

Well and truely beaten....well done Chatara, and Kasuza...the future is very safe....but guys easy with the excitement not every good outing deserves a call up...let the boys learn and grow and after cinsistant performance coupled with loss of form of the incumbents should we act before we have a dozen new caps a year and no continuity...otherwise great stuff..

Duffin ok but hardly excellent judging that Kasuza and Hami (virtually openers) were able to do exceedingly better on the same pitch...

Also Querl seems more adept at the longer version of the game so no surprises for me...
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

kazuza and masakadza taking a big liking to Sean ervines bowling. ha ha ( evil laugh) :twisted: