Match Thread - 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andy

Re: Match Thread - 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by andy »

maybe the rested the bowlers. so the batsman have one last chance to prove them selfs/

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Should still be trying to field the best possible team, though - it may be a 'dead rubber' as far as the series is concerned, but there are still ranking points on offer & the selectors should still be looking to win the match. Today's side (if they ever get to play!) doesn't look like doing that...

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

maehara wrote:Should still be trying to field the best possible team, though - it may be a 'dead rubber' as far as the series is concerned, but there are still ranking points on offer & the selectors should still be looking to win the match. Today's side (if they ever get to play!) doesn't look like doing that...
I think today's game will be abandoned. Thank God for that, at least we won't be embarrassed.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Well ive come home, im completely soaked. The bulawayo pitch looked more like a manmade lake when i left. As far as i saw it i cant see any play for today so im pretty sure it will be officialy abandoned soon.

Its just my luck though that it has now stopped raining, but i still dont tyhink they can get the ground ready in time.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

zimdan wrote:Well ive come home, im completely soaked. The bulawayo pitch looked more like a manmade lake when i left. As far as i saw it i cant see any play for today so im pretty sure it will be officialy abandoned soon.

Its just my luck though that it has now stopped raining, but i still dont tyhink they can get the ground ready in time.
That's the consensus around here too, it's only a matter of time before the game is called off.

What was today's crowd like? Anyone turn up? What was the 4th ODI crowd like?

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

The 4th crowd was very good, at least 3000, may of them school children.

Today hardly anything, as most people turn up later in the day after work.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

zimdan wrote:The 4th crowd was very good, at least 3000, may of them school children.

Today hardly anything, as most people turn up later in the day after work.
Is there a bar or meeting place at Queens? Because there's the Keg & Maiden at HSC, it would seem a shame if there was no gathering place at Queens.