Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 19th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 19th May 2022

Post by Donald »

Well Ervine played something of a Terry Duffin type innings today. That was just abysmal

Shumba continues to be a shining light this time with bat in hand

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya Shumba is looking very promising. Decent amount of talent, a brain, and some hard work = promising.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Some interesting stats there. When Zimbabwe lose to any of these small associate nations, it becomes a big news because at the end of the day it's a full member losing to an associate. This is where it gets embarassing, on the other hand Zimbabwe beating Sri Lanka or Pakistan in a one off game is not that big a news because it's a full member beating a full member.

I don't know guys, but these 2-3 months are so important for Zimbabwe cricket and in recent times important matches, series', tournaments, have unfortunately not ended well for Zimbabwe.

We've got fixtures alright, but the results here are vitally important. Zimbabwe needs more players to come through, they need the next Taylor, Streak, and Taibu to come through.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Its not happening.
Shumba by all accounts puts in some extra work and there's something about him- seems to keep his cool.
I have hopes for Evans, he deserves an extended run, that's all anyone with some ability deserves, but they seem nervous to select him in case he does well. :lol:

There's no hiding behind anything now. It's a good thing, everyone needs to see what's going on here without the excuses, but trust me they'll find a few :lol: I think they thought some extra 4 day domestic games would sharpen us up for these T20's, hence the nightwatchman at 4 :lol:
They can shuffle the chairs all they like, the results will be the same. I don't think they'll even bother because they're not answerable to anyone. If they remotely worried about losing they'd have imprisoned Rajput 3 years ago and held him ransom for our money back :lol:
There are no easy answers, our player base isn't good enough. One good innings will keep a batter on the radar for two years!

Donald

Post by Donald »

have heard dion myers hit a 50 in local league yesterday

Would be tempted to include him for weekend matches. Tiripano is one of those bits and pieces cricketers from the english 90s. A poor man's Adam hollyoake.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Just had a horrible thought.......Afghanistan are coming in a couple of weeks :oops: They are twice the team that Namibia are. That will be absolutely brutal.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 pm
Thanks. Interesting. At a glance you'd think his average would be about 15, but it's 20.5
Interestingly Raza is now sitting on an average of 13.95 in 44 International T20s. He has been terrible for somebody with that reputation. How can they drop Wes when the main T20 guy averages such? Only 1 fifty and a strike rate of 107
Maybe Raza needs to be moved up the order or something? Clearly he`s capable enough and its more an issue in batting position?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Why klusner is not joined with team yet?

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:16 pm
Just had a horrible thought.......Afghanistan are coming in a couple of weeks :oops: They are twice the team that Namibia are. That will be absolutely brutal.
And they will possibly have some u19's (read u25) in their squad :lol:
I'd pay money to be a fly on the wall when the brains trust are having their meetings. Do they have meetings? Maybe they dont. Maybe it's one guy talking to himself in the mirror whilst he adjusts his $1000 suit and gets his big feet into long pointy shoes :lol: I've never understood those things- is the last 12 inches stuffed with newspaper?

Maybe it goes along the lines of- let's fix Milton school ground for $500 and we can win the Afghan series. :lol:
I think they've buried their heads in the sand and hoping for another Covid outbreak to put the humiliation on hold.
Never solve a problem today that could be put on hold for another 5 years.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We have an absentee head coach, no official bowling or batting coach and we head into our busiest season in many years :lol:
Matsikinyeri must be doing it all and getting some help from Chawaguta I would think.