Dont blame me- Rajput

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Dont blame me- Rajput

Post by Donald »

Just read an interview with rajput regarding our latest series loss.
He has absolved himseld of any blame.
Blames it on batters not converting 🙄🙄

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Dont blame me- Rajput

Post by sloandog »

Where's the article

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:26 am
Where's the article
BY Kevin Mapasure
ZIMBABWE national cricket team coach Lalchand Rajput has absolved himself of blame over the team’s poor form after they meekly surrendered their three match one-day international series against visiting Afghanistan.

Today, the two nations square off for the third and final match for this format and despite the disappointment in the first two matches, the Indian national presiding over the hosts is positive that they can claim the 10 points on offer.

The series is part of the Super League and Zimbabwe have remained on 35 points after 14 matches, while their guests could move to 100 points and into second position on the table if they complete a whitewash.

Zimbabwe’s performance so far, where they have lost by 60 runs and eight wickets, has left the fans bristling with anger and disappointment, with some calling for a technical team reshuffle.

Rajput yesterday told NewsDay Sport that he shares the disappointment, adding that he had done his part to prepare the players who fall short of the required standards when in the middle.

He particularly pointed out the batsmen, whom he said failed to live up to standard in the first two matches.

“Yes, we are all disappointed that we could not win the series, but still one game to go and we are looking at taking those 10 points and we are positive about it,” the underfire mentor said.

“Looking back at the two games, it is very clear that our batsmen had to take responsibility to put us in better positions. Some of our batsmen got the start of 30 to 40 runs, but didn’t convert them into big scores. If you look at Afghan batsmen, whoever was set, he went on to get a hundred or a 90 or 80 plus score, which was lacking with our batsmen.”

Rajput is optimistic that the batters will do better in the third match at Harare Sports Club this morning.

“I am sure they will come back and make it count in the last game. When you lose, the first thing is to blame the coach, but coaches are there to prepare players well, but they have to play in the middle and perform,” he said.

“If you see the batsmen get 30 and 40s and get out, they don’t carry it further. This is what we are working at. From the top four, two batsmen have to bat deep and get hundreds.

“As long we don’t get hundreds, we are not going to get 280+ which we can defend, so batsmen have to take those responsibilities as a group. Once we do that, we will start winning more matches. Tomorrow, we are going with a very positive mindset and try to get those 10 points.

Innocent Kaia hit a half century, which many felt he should have converted into a hundred, but his opening partner Regis Chakabva’s struggles have been worse with the keeper batter managing just one run in two innings.

Zimbabwe’s highest run scorers across the two matches are Kaia (102) and Sikandar Raza (107), but their highest scores are 63 and 67, respectively.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:14 pm
Just read an interview with rajput regarding our latest series loss.
He has absolved himseld of any blame.
Blames it on batters not converting 🙄🙄
Well that's not strictly true, the bowlers got minced as well, and the Afghan batsmen just had to pace a low run chase. They look like they could chase 300.

Googly

Post by Googly »

To stand the remotest chance I think the toss is all important. This wicket seems to be flattening out in the afternoons. Why haven't they played Noor Ahmed yet? As much as I don't want to see him against us I do want to see him bowl, assuming we can catch glimpses on a broken live feed. Not one division of ZC seems to function. Broken from top to bottom.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Reggie seems to get a pass from everyone for his continued low scores. The fact is if you play him long enough he will eventually make some runs. Does that vindicate his selection if he's done not a lot the previous dozen innings?
Clearly they feel they don't have a single other keeper batsman in the entire county, which is probably true, but then give the guy a fighting chance and bat him down the order.
Kaia has done well, why single him out for not converting?
There's 9 other guys there that neither converted nor got a start. He looks a bit susceptible to deliveries outside off, throws his hands without getting into good positions. When was the last time we had an opener get two scores in a row?
Stop batting Burl down the order to save the blushes. Swap him and Chakbava around.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we don't see Jongwe or Evans, or both, come in for Tiripano or Chivanga or both then either the selectors know jack shit or they're not making the decisions.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Give Myers a run. If you're not giving Shumba a bowl and playing him only as a batsman then replace him this game. He's not getting runs or even starts. Madhevere offers a bit with the ball or he'd also be a candidate.
But please do something vaguely different. Trotting out the same losing team and hoping for a miracle doesn't make sense unless you've got a well placed bet.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And as Zimbo 05 pointed out, what a lame article as usual.
Can you imagine the press in another country after these performances? They'd be demanding, and getting, interviews from Mukhulani, Makoni, Masakadaza, Ratshit, Matsikinyeri etc etc. It would be televised on TV instead of dubbed Chinese Kung Fu movies and Z grade music videos.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol :lol: :lol:

The wider problems are obviously the system and lots of thing way above Rajput's pay grade, but come on - this guy has had four years, puts in little to zero effort, the players don't like or respect him, players individually are going backwards, we have strange on field decisions, strange interviews, strange everything.

The coach (and the captain, actually) need to take at least some of the blame. There are bigger problems but even considering them Rajput is underperforming in basically everyone's eyes. Also everyone hates him.

If this series ends 6-0 that has to be curtains for the bloke surely.