[Match Thread] Tuskers vs Rhinos (Logan Cup)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Tuskers vs Rhinos (Logan Cup)

Post by Train Driver »

Tuskers lose in the Logan for the first time this season as Mugava 6-41 and Cremer 3-56 bowl Rhinos to a 154 run win

Certainly a match between two very weak sides, almost a line-up of bowlers only

One good thing to note though, Ian Nicolson appeared as a substitute fielder and picked up a couple of catches, if he has been injured then his appearance is something to cheer and give hope for next season

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Train Driver wrote:... especially if Mugava and Cremer share 10 wickets tomorrow, oops, is that being biased ;)
Close. :D

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

That Neville Madziva has got a lot to answer for, how do i tell Mrs Train Driver that i bet the house on Mugava and Cremer getting all 10

:shock:

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

Train Driver wrote:One good thing to note though, Ian Nicolson appeared as a substitute fielder and picked up a couple of catches, if he has been injured then his appearance is something to cheer and give hope for next season
Huge congratulations to Mugava! All these three young spinners(Mushangwe-leggie, Mugava-offspinner, Mutombodzi-leggie), about 21-22 years of age, are the best at the moment, and evenly ranked in our bowling charts. Mutombodzi(of Egles) is another spinner whose bagged a 5for against the Tuskers this season. Mushangwe didn't have such a good time but our batting, but then again there was Prosper 'Dots' Utseya in operation, and the strong seam attack of Shingi, Chatara & Tiripano had already done most of the work.

The sad part for me is that the Tuskers had a very weak batting order, with tailenders at crucial stages of the small innings of 143! Yet both Mugava(13 overs) and Cremer(16overs) managed just two maidens between them - on each! Mugava has 3 out of the 4 key wickets as an excuse, CremerContrast that with Utseya in that game(two spinners operating as well - Utseya&Mushangwe, offspinner-legspinner combination from both ends), and he had 9 maidens from 13overs! Surely Price has only one replacement at the moment - PROSPER UTSEYA. It's not like Price hasn't been picking up more than two wickets on average per innings, he performs a contianing role primarily, something Utseya deserves the chance to, and should've done in NZ! No point in risking spinners who WON'T bag the wickets which justify their expensive spells!

Anyway, it shows how much work is still needed for these four other spinners(Cremer, Mushangwe, Mugava & Mutombodzi) to become the real deal! As did Muaruma & Dabengwa, I hope Cremer is not regressing because he's showing visible signs!

Congratulations to Rhinos! Perhaps it was a case of 'we've one the whole thing, nothing to play for, so let Craig&Trenchard go and have a hit', up their averages a bit. Was a good chance for Duffin to pick up a big fifty or even a century to raise his stocks ahead of definite changes to the national side, so if he agreed to pass up a chance then very good of him! Certainly wasnt injured - left stranded on 32!
...........how do i tell Mrs Train Driver that i bet the house on Mugava and Cremer getting all 10
Sentiment over reason 10wickets with Creme&Mugava as part of the equation. To start with, s huge kick in the backside should do! :?
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Duffin made a 30 odd not in the middle order. Shocked that you would praise such cheap runs Hhm! :o

hhm

Post by hhm »

Jemisi wrote:Duffin made a 30 odd not in the middle order. Shocked that you would praise such cheap runs Hhm! :o
At no point did I offer such praise
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

The problem with you hhm my friend is that you tend to exaggerate and twist facts to align with your arguments, and this takes away from the valid arguments, take for example the following:
hhm wrote:
hhm wrote:this match is mainly about Craig Ervine and how he will respond, because I'm sure with Rainsford applying pressure either he or his fellow seamers may pick up some early wickets. He'll have to step up in Ewing's absence!
Yes, Craig failed again. As Mutizwa&Waller continue to fail as well, Ewing should walk straight into our Test&ODI XI! That settles it then!
How has Mutizwa CONTINUED to fail, when he was on debut?. A debut where, to contextualise he virtually opened each innings. To CONTINUE is different to STARTING, same with Waller, this was his SECOND match and coming from an average of 101 in the first, one wonders how he has CONTINUED to fail? One has continued to fail after a few matches not 2, and certainly not 1! Look I know you want Ewing in but come on, not at any cost or exaggerated lengths!
hhm wrote:As has been the case throughout the season, Rainsford's pressure has brought abut some wicekts. Muzhange(&Madziva) looks totally ineffective when he operates alone! For the fall of the first 4 wickets, Rainsford was doing sub-1.5 economy, Muzhange 3, yet he's the one who picked up 3 wickets, with Madziva the other. Just a few days ago none of them including Chinouya, could buy a wicket against the inferior Mountaineers batting lineup. Unfortunately most don't realise the influence Rainsford&Tinashe have, in that so much pressure is applied from their ends, the batsmen always look for a fatal pressure release from the other end. In the end we pick these youngsters(Jarvis, Vitori, Ncube) thinking they are wicket-takers only to find them fetching and yielding nothing, then wondering what went wrong, as if it's a mystery!
I can handle your call for Rainsford and have never been overly averse to it, but Panyangara? Really?? And this is a trick you always pull, one player in your basket makes it and all are covered in glory! Have a look at this. Clearly Panyangara has not set the scene on fire, if anything he has ONE more wicket than Vitori who has played SIX less innings. Please please...don't mire you valid points with cheap shots.

You have very good (sometimes unpalatable) points, but you take away from them with over the top claims to get your way. Credibility goes a long way, don't cheapen yourself.
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Another argument about the bowling ? This will just turn into another essay rant man. But well done to the young spinners, excellent work!

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I'd like congratulate Njabulo Ncube on a personal milestone: 100 first-class wickets. Well done! :D

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

foreignfield wrote:I'd like congratulate Njabulo Ncube on a personal milestone: 100 first-class wickets. Well done! :D
I'll second that! :D :mrgreen: well done