Dave Houghton Head Coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Dave Houghton Head Coach

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajput appointed as new 'National Technical Director'

That's such a non job. He'll just be seeing out his contract from his sofa in Mumbai basically.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If he gets carte blanche that will indeed be interesting. I think we're still a few beatings away from anyone admitting they know the square root of fuck all.
If you ask a guy here why he drove into the tree drunk he will deny it and tell you the tree was in the way.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:43 pm
Apparently Rajput is being retained in some kind of 'advisory role' or something?

Probably to avoid having to pay him off. he won't really have any voice or input I'm sure.
Zc knows how to stop flowing money freely from their hand to others :lol:

Happy Happy to see DH taken the Head coach role

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It was blatantly obvious that he was in trouble over the last few weeks. There was so much talk behind the scenes. I guess it was smart not to pay him off in 1 go.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Finally!!!
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I can sleep a bit better today. My last point is that I honestly don't think Ervine is a good captain but its not his fault they appointed him in the first place. We need a captain with a bit of fire in their belly. Maybe a new generation. I would even go as far as making Blessing captain. Williams is the perfect option but we all know that's an explosion waiting to happen.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Happy to see this. Dave will at least have the best interests of Zimbabwe at heart and like Streak may get some talent back to play for Zimbabwe.

The current lot leaves a big gap. Yes I do see potential in Shumba, Wes and Myers, but others are not good enough, the likes of Madande, Marumani, Munyonga, Ndlovu, Masuku... I'm not convinced if they are international quality.

Really happy to see Houghton taking over though. Under Rajput the team regressed a lot and there is was not an inch of improvement.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

They discussed the new bowling coach 'at length' today and 'finalised an appointment' apparently. Hopefully we get a name soon.

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

Great News Indeed! But the players also need to be changed. We can't train a bunch of cats and expect them to be like tigers.
Hope DH can make his voice heard to bring in some strong bunch of overseas players for Zim and effectively coach them to bring back the past glory.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

SOME DOUBTS :

*Role of Technical Director?
*DH is interim or permanent coach?
*When the Bowling coach appointment happen?
*Is their any change in captaincy?

Anyone know please clarify these questions :!: