Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka

Post by Train Driver »

I can't find any news so far on a squad for this game, anybody seen anything at all ?

I would definitely like to see some of the following picked for this game, Vusi Sibanda, if fit for a warm-up, Tawanda Mupariwa, Ed Rainsford, Friday Kasteni, Blessing Mahwire, Admire Manyumwa, Bonaparte Mujuru, Stephen Nyamuzinga, Tinashe Hove, Tino Mawoyo, Forster Mutizwa, Alois Tichana, Prosper Tsvanhu and Tendai Chisoro.

I seem to remember that Alester Maregwede was given a contract for 2008/9, is he still playing cricket ?, if he is why isn't he selected ? if he isn't then why was he given a contract ?

jimbo

Re: Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka

Post by jimbo »

Perhaps this might explain why

Rape accused gets bail
BY NAT CAVALLARO
29/03/2008 11:53:17 AM
A FORMER international cricketer has been ordered not to attend places of international departure as part of bail conditions on a charge of rape.
Alester Maragwede, 26, who played last season with Mildura Settlers in the Sunraysia Cricket Association competition, has been charged with the rape of a 38-year-old woman earlier this month.

Yesterday he appeared in Mildura Magistrates’ Court where he was also ordered to surrender his passport, not to contact witnesses and report to police three times a week.

He was also ordered not to attend within 200m of a Mildura address.

His bail, under conditions, was not opposed by the police prosecutor.

Police allege the rape took place in the early hours of Friday, March 21, however further details have not been put to the court.

Mr Maragwede has been in Australia on a sporting visa for the past six months.

As well as playing for Mildura Settlers, he also represented Sunraysia in the Melbourne Country Week cricket tournament.

He was a member of the Zimbabwe Cricket Academy before representing his country in two Test matches and 11 one-day international matches.

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Saturday’s Sunraysia Daily 29/03/2008.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Zimbabwe A v Sri Lanka

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I heard Sibanda, if fit, is likely to captain.

If the allegations are true about Maregwede, good riddance and may he spend a long time behind bars. :evil: