PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Post by Googly »

1 run final!!!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

How could a team that looks so easily the worst balanced one among all win the tournament!!! Hilarious 😂

With at least 3 changes in captaincy too, along the way...

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

ya I don't know how Mountaineers keep winning, their team on paper is arguably the worst and yet they've won this comp 2 years in a row!

I was at the ground this afternoon. It was nice to see a few hundred people in attendance, although I wish there were more. Actually at one point there was a bit of an incident...

During the Rhinos innings, the Mountaineers players (Nyauchi I think) started complaining about 'abuse' they were receiving from the very vocal/drunk Rhinos crowd in one corner. At one point Mountaineers actually walked off the field and there was a 5-10 minute delay. The Mountaineers manager (not sure who it is) really lsot his temper and for a moment I thought things were going to get ugly but thankfully the 3rd umpire/referee did a good job of cooling things down and getting the players back on the pitch. :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't really know exactly what was said as I was some distance away but I think some blokes were booted out of the ground :lol:

On the field this wasn't the highest quality match, but it was certainly exciting. Gripping finish thanks to some good hitting by Mumba towards the end. Sadly not enough to get over the line. Wild celebrations from the Goats (You'd have thought they'd won the World Cup!) which didn't impress the remaining Rhinos fans and coaches :lol:

A good days cricket. Also, Kwekwe is probably the second best maintained ground in the country after HSC nowadays. It's doing well.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Managed to watch the full game.

Great final to watch, except for kasuzas innings which is the most painful batting display I have ever seen :lol:

Gutted the Rhinos didn’t get over the line, Mumba made it exciting though.

I tell you what Mavuta was absolute class with the ball, haven’t seen him all season but his stats are incredible. Today he deserved a 5fer. Can see him receiving a NAT call up again at some point.

The abuse SC mentioned was horrible, Nyauchi was clearly upset and distressed about it. Put a bit of a damp shadow on the game, certainly pissed me off.

jw2

Post by jw2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:29 pm
ya I don't know how Mountaineers keep winning, their team on paper is arguably the worst and yet they've won this comp 2 years in a row!

I was at the ground this afternoon. It was nice to see a few hundred people in attendance, although I wish there were more. Actually at one point there was a bit of an incident...

During the Rhinos innings, the Mountaineers players (Nyauchi I think) started complaining about 'abuse' they were receiving from the very vocal/drunk Rhinos crowd in one corner. At one point Mountaineers actually walked off the field and there was a 5-10 minute delay. The Mountaineers manager (not sure who it is) really lsot his temper and for a moment I thought things were going to get ugly but thankfully the 3rd umpire/referee did a good job of cooling things down and getting the players back on the pitch. :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't really know exactly what was said as I was some distance away but I think some blokes were booted out of the ground :lol:

On the field this wasn't the highest quality match, but it was certainly exciting. Gripping finish thanks to some good hitting by Mumba towards the end. Sadly not enough to get over the line. Wild celebrations from the Goats (You'd have thought they'd won the World Cup!) which didn't impress the remaining Rhinos fans and coaches :lol:

A good days cricket. Also, Kwekwe is probably the second best maintained ground in the country after HSC nowadays. It's doing well.
Yes, Admire Marodza in charge at Kwekwe, you couldn't get a better man.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah Mavuta looked good today. Still so young for a leggie.

I really enjoyed the intensity all the guys played with today. It felt like an event and the crowd was really into it. One of the best days out I've had at domestic cricket for many many years.

Googly

Post by Googly »

How was Kasuza's innings!! 4 off 30 in a 50 over game.
I've never actually seen that before.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Top Run Scorers:

Tadiwanashe Marumani - 428 runs at 47.55
Chamu Chibhabha - 391 runs at 55.85
Cephas Zhuwao - 329 run at 41.12
Ainsley Ndlovu - 304 runs at 38.00
Nick Welch - 300 runs at 42.85
Peter Moor - 290 runs at 32.22
Johnathan Campbell - 286 runs at 35.75
Spencer Magodo - 253 runs at 31.62
Shingi Masakadza - 237 runs at 39.50
Tafadzwa Tsiga - 237 runs at 29.62

Top Wicket Takers

Brandon Mavuta - 28 wickets at 13.39
Tanaka Chivanga - 18 wickets at 15.72
Nkosana Mpofu - 15 wickets at 16.06
Tinashe Muchawaya - 14 wickets at 25.14
Tapiwa Mufudza - 13 wickets at 23.53
Shingi Masakadza - 13 wickets at 25.38
Victor Nyauchi - 13 wickets at 25.69
Johnathan Campbell - 12 wickets at 25.83
William Mashinge - 12 wickets at 27.66
Ainsley Ndlovu - 12 wickets at 30.00

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:13 pm

Top Wicket Takers

Brandon Mavuta - 28 wickets at 13.39
Tanaka Chivanga - 18 wickets at 15.72
Nkosana Mpofu - 15 wickets at 16.06
Tinashe Muchawaya - 14 wickets at 25.14
Tapiwa Mufudza - 13 wickets at 23.53
Shingi Masakadza - 13 wickets at 25.38
Victor Nyauchi - 13 wickets at 25.69
Johnathan Campbell - 12 wickets at 25.83
William Mashinge - 12 wickets at 27.66
Ainsley Ndlovu - 12 wickets at 30.00
The bowling stats here are a bit deceiving, a couple on there did take wickets but they were very expensive. Muchawaya went at nearly 7 an over! Which is criminal for a bowler playing at this level. He still has a lot to learn.

I wish I could have watched the games to give an accurate analysis. Looking at stats never paints the full picture. Hopefully they will stream The Logan cup so I can watch most of the games.