PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:27 am
Ya Glen is there in UK. The best sportswriter this country has ever seen. Oh how I miss going to the back two pages of the Herald and reading one of his fantastic articles.
I dunno about Ireland being a better life, you have to be amphibious. I go to UK regularly and can't wait to wheelspin back to the dirt, corruption and chaos of Zim. Its a nice break though, but your roots are your roots.
There are plenty of people praying ZC suddenly come right, but its like hoping we have free and fair elections :lol:
We've spent our lives hoping things improve, it's that frog in the pot scenario, before you know it you're 75 and eating sadza in Borrodaile Trust :lol:
Things have improved from where they were at least. Less than perfect though and we know it's only a matter of time until some mega disaster or something :lol: I'm just enjoying this current calmness whilst it lasts. :lol:

And I'm with you on the UK - it's a shame most people don't seem to agree though!

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

Googly wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:27 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:54 am
I’m not sure Ireland is a much more attractive proposition than Zim at the moment. Obviously for quality of life and non-cricketing reasons yeah, it’s way ahead.
But they play even fewer Tests than us and absolutely zero domestic red ball. Their domestic season is (currently) shorter than ours even and their domestic contracts are poorly paid too.

If Dave is still around for the next couple of years and if the board carries on being relatively harmonious and decent then I think we remain a better a cricketing option at least.

Although I think his Dad may be over there now, last I heard?

Anyway it’s good that’s he’s here. I’m sure part of it is wanting to get form/fitness/boost his stats, but there must also be an element of networking and keeping his options open.
Ya Glen is there in UK. The best sportswriter this country has ever seen. Oh how I miss going to the back two pages of the Herald and reading one of his fantastic articles.
I dunno about Ireland being a better life, you have to be amphibious. I go to UK regularly and can't wait to wheelspin back to the dirt, corruption and chaos of Zim. Its a nice break though, but your roots are your roots.
There are plenty of people praying ZC suddenly come right, but its like hoping we have free and fair elections :lol:
We've spent our lives hoping things improve, it's that frog in the pot scenario, before you know it you're 75 and eating sadza in Borrodaile Trust :lol:
The main story in yesterdays Zim Herald was how the country’s aim was to be middle class by 2030. Delusional, ambitious or drunk!?

Sorry to lazy to find link.

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/mens ... qb-s6xU-l0

This is a great article. Glen Byromesque

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's the warm up to elections, Terry. The stuff going on is hectic.
They diverted a paid bus full of poor people thinking they were going to a funeral and to make up numbers to another venue and gave them anti sanctions placards and made them parade.
Our electorate are poor and gullible and have grade 5 incurable Stockholm Syndrome.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Even Grade 5-7 school kids on anti sanctions marches.
When I was grade 5 our class were given British flags and made to line the street to welcome Prince Charles or the Queen so really not much has changed :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:29 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:33 pm
Guys I was mistaken for Nick Welch as Matt Welch... So what happened to Matt ,the one who was playing last year and played the U19 WC???
He suffered a herniated disc about 8 months ago. I'm sure he will be back. Proper player, hopefully he gets some franchise exposure because he has plenty of ability.
Thanks for that info googly.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Should we be expecting a cameo f from Dion Myers for the Logan Cup season or the T20 competition??

Seems like he plays for the Goats & sometimes the National side during his spare time when he’s not at Uni in England?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

PJ needs to swallow his pride and make things right this side. He is not a long term keeper solution but I think he could have worked on his keeping hard enough to be an option in the T20 team. Madande isn't a big hitter. PJ is also a clean striker of the ball. He is no worse than Burl. He could get into the team just off that.. with Ervine and Williams probably not going to play much longer there is a big opportunity. I don't see him getting regular game time for Ireland. We are his best bet. He is making a big mistake

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We need to solve this keeper issue fast. If Regis gets injured we are in serious trouble. 60% of our games from now on will probably T20s we need a keeper who can accumulate runs at a decent rate

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

My favourite errors from Cricinfo today are;

- guy called Mzingaye Mdlongwa making his debut for Tuskers - Cricinfo have a profile photo of an Asian due on his profile :lol:

- Cunningham Ncube is playing for Eagles but they instead have some women's player called Ncube playing instead. :lol: