PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: PRO50 CHAMPIONSHIP 2022-23

Post by CalZim »

A hat trick from Baxon Gopito has turned the Eagles match into a tie :o what a finish.

So it’s going be a Rhinos vs Mountaineers final.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol he’s an opening bat isn’t he? I’ve never even seen him bowl before.

Also Mountaineers managed to bowl a whopping 38 extras in 38 overs.

:lol:

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:44 pm
Lol he’s an opening bat isn’t he? I’ve never even seen him bowl before.

Also Mountaineers managed to bowl a whopping 38 extras in 38 overs.

:lol:
Yep, they basically gave up and give him an over because he rarely plays. Need 1 run to win with 3 wickets and he bowled a hat trick. Legend!

No idea why he is playing in the first place, he is over 30 and us only played a handful of games over the years.

The extras were shocking, no excuses for all them wides, especially Nyauchi he should know better.

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

Now that the league has finished (barring the final) I thought I’d through in a team of the tournament, based on performances throughout the season and overall stats. This is what I came up with:

Marumani- obvious choice batting in great form, also kept but he is not in here as the keeper

Zhuwao- a joy to watch 3rd on the run charts

Welch - consistent with the bat good to see him playing in Zim.

Kunje - very good in the first few games, missed the rest presumably injured.

Chibhaba- don’t like him but he has hit runs at a decent average, topped the run charts.

Magodo - done well with the bat, heard he has kept wicket well. Hope he continues his good form to compete with Madande.

Campbell - surprised me the most, had a very good tournament with bat and ball.

Ndlovu - very good with the bat and bowled steady, turning into an allrounder.

S Masakadza - Masakadza has rolled back the years, going through a purple patch

Mavuta - taking wickets for fun, more than 3 wickets a game! Topped the bowling charts

Chivanga - looks dangerous at this level, taken wickets at a good average. Still can’t stand the guy.

Magodo would take the gloves and I’d probably give Ndlovu the captaincy over chamu.

A couple of honourable mentions Mufudza did well with the ball, very economical. N Mpofu had a steady allround performance, bowled well but batting was up and down. Also P Moor did alright with the bat with a 30 average, had a dodgy decision for that golden which was harsh, could have been better.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Not much seam bowling in that team!!!

Magodo has come from nowhere. I too have heard his keeping has been impressive.

Overall plenty of evidence that this has been largely a low quality competition tbh. We really need all the national guys back for the Logan Cup to make it high quality. Also why have they not streamed any of it? I think that’s a shame.

Oh well, at least Rhinos are in the final!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mountaineers would smash the World XI with these umpires. :lol:
Do they allow this muppet to change the game as he sees fit?

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:24 pm
Name another that would fit in that 11 from the comp. I’ll have to make sure there are plenty of cracks in the pitch!

Nyauchi has been off colour, I’m sure he will bounce back. I have been generally disappointed by the seam bowling, talent has shown spells but not consistent enough, muchawaya was expensive, Mashinge was expensive.

Masuku and Murombo did okay but I don’t think I’d swap them with the bowlers I picked.

Spin bowling has been more productive in the comp.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CalZim wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:26 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:24 pm
Name another that would fit in that 11 from the comp. I’ll have to make sure there are plenty of cracks in the pitch!

Nyauchi has been off colour, I’m sure he will bounce back. I have been generally disappointed by the seam bowling, talent has shown spells but not consistent enough, muchawaya was expensive, Mashinge was expensive.

Masuku and Murombo did okay but I don’t think I’d swap them with the bowlers I picked.

Spin bowling has been more productive in the comp.
Ya I'd pick Murombo. Looks like he's bowled well in every match he's played. I actually really rate him after what I saw in the T20 and the NPL.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I see three regional games are set from the 9th of November. Will be interesting to see if any of the overseas guys play.

Carlson and McCollum have had shockers, the West Indian has been smashed apart from when he hit a fifty and Getake hit a century but not much else.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am
I see three regional games are set from the 9th of November. Will be interesting to see if any of the overseas guys play.

Carlson and McCollum have had shockers, the West Indian has been smashed apart from when he hit a fifty and Getake hit a century but not much else.
Yeah, apart from Welch & PJ the overseas guys have been disappointing. I did say that I was underwhelmed with the quality of names that came over.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement