[Match thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa - Final

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
dylan
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa - Final

Post by dylan »

finally a wicket

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Jarvis gets another one, be nice if we could keep them under 140, would of liked to of seen Cremer bowl his final over

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Yeah I would have too, but I understand why Taylor gave Waller a second over. Let's keep them to under 140, come on Muzhunge!

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Yeah I would have too, but I understand why Taylor gave Waller a second over. Let's keep them to under 140, come on Muzhunge!
I dont have an issue with giving Waller a second over but would of taken an over of Muzhunge

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

A very manageable target for Zimbabwe. Too bad I have to work and can't watch the second half of the match. Great to ee a big crowd at Harare Sports Club.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimfan1 wrote:
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Yeah I would have too, but I understand why Taylor gave Waller a second over. Let's keep them to under 140, come on Muzhunge!
I dont have an issue with giving Waller a second over but would of taken an over of Muzhunge
In hindsight it might have been better to give the final over to Mpofu; and yeah, good point maybe about giving Cremer one of Muzhunge's. He didn't have such a great outing today.

But chasing 147, well - it's definitely achievable. Only if the top order score the bulk of the runs though; we don't want to leave too many for Cremer to chase.

I agree with eugene. Great crowd in - any guesses as to how many thousand? I thought yesterday looked bigger and could have been pushing 8 to 10 - there was no room in the stands or on the embankment.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:
In hindsight it might have been better to give the final over to Mpofu; and yeah, good point maybe about giving Cremer one of Muzhunge's. He didn't have such a great outing today.

But chasing 147, well - it's definitely achievable. Only if the top order score the bulk of the runs though; we don't want to leave too many for Cremer to chase.

I agree with eugene. Great crowd in - any guesses as to how many thousand? I thought yesterday looked bigger and could have been pushing 8 to 10 - there was no room in the stands or on the embankment.
I think the offical capacity of HSC is 10,000 but that was before the redevelopment. At a guess i would say that the ground is 75-80% full so between 7 and 8 thousand which is a great effort for a cricket match now days in Zimbabwe

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Superb error on cricinfo at the moment

Sibanda out for 23 in 17 minutes from 2 balls with 1 four, i bet him and Hammy are a bit knackered after running a 19

His strike rate 1150.00

:lol:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

21 of that over from Peterson, massive 6 from Hamilton, keep to keep wickets in hand here with Cremer coming in at 7

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Looks like we are cantering home, great fightback after the last two matches, that will teach South Africa to take us lightly ;)