Is the top order becoming settled?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Is the top order becoming settled?

Post by zimlover »

What i dont understand is[quote][/quote] why everone keeps singing this Coventry song when the guy has been clearly out of form even on the domestic scene. Lets leave Muzhange in and Cremer looks like he derserves a spot judging from his last perfomamce in the tri series aganist SA AND BD, may be we could play around with Waller and chigs.Our batting tends to faulter alot underpressure so lets leave Mastikenyeri in. So a good team would be Vusi sibanda,HAMILTON MASAKADZA,TAYLOR, MASTI,Taibu,Chigumbura ,Waller/Jarvis,Creamer,chris mpofu,Richard muzhange

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

zimlover wrote:What i dont understand is why everone keeps singing this Coventry song when the guy has been clearly out of form even on the domestic scene.
So was Vusi when I remember only me and sloan sang his praises around these parts. Sometimes if there's enough talent in there (enough to improve the current lineup if realised), we have to stick our necks out and risk it. Vusi was worth it and so is Coventry in the short formats.

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Boundary wrote:So was Vusi when I remember only me and sloan sang his praises around these parts. Sometimes if there's enough talent in there (enough to improve the current lineup if realised), we have to stick our necks out and risk it. Vusi was worth it and so is Coventry in the short formats.
Vusi Debuted before the Rebel era then he was axed and worked his way back in again, then he lost form and was axed then he hit the First class with 1000 runs in a season and captained the A team as well and he was an automatic pic. Coventary as much as I like to see him in the team, HAS to dominate our weak bowlers in the domestic else we are not even doing him any favours by chucking him in the deepend AGAIN!
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

most people only want coventry here in the T20
Thats fine.... he provdes muscle

its like a rugby league/union team who is pretty good but getting a bity overawed in the forward pack...sometimes you have to put in a big bopper in there who isnt as talented to beef up the drive... (the cricketing equivalent is run rate).
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

it would seem th ship has sailed for Coventry. unless if he does a Vusi ( i.e perform in the domestic game).
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In this time, with our weapons,
The door is never shut.

Just ask mats i.

He scores a century of 60 balls he's back in
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

Matsi would never last 60 deliveries, let alone score 100 runs.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

totoro

Post by totoro »

eugene wrote:Matsi would never last 60 deliveries, let alone score 100 runs.
:lol:

He scored 80 off 37 balls last season. http://www.espncricinfo.com/zdod-11/eng ... 30723.html