Zimbabweans in franchise league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Zimbabweans in franchise league

Post by Marshmallow »

Played two matches and he returned to home or somewhere else.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Marshmallow wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:21 am
Played two matches and he returned to home or somewhere else.
Ok, I'm assuming he is making himself available for Ireland series, atm he is picked up in almost every league... He is in BPL, ILT20 and PSL, BPL and ILT20 will clash with each other so I wonder who Raza will play for!? And they all clash with both Ireland series and WI series.

Raza on Twitter, kind of indicated, that he will prioritize playing for Zimbabwe above all leagues, let's see how it goes.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Looking at the BPL squads they are stacked with overseas players, so if the BPL is like the IPL where they can only have 4 foreign players in each XI, the Zimbo boys might not get much of a run.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:58 pm
Looking at the BPL squads they are stacked with overseas players, so if the BPL is like the IPL where they can only have 4 foreign players in each XI, the Zimbo boys might not get much of a run.
BPL is a shit league. Allows 5 foreign players in the XI too if I am not mistaken. Pays them a lot more too. Some of that is understandable for a western foreigner to come out (Curran probably gets paid more than Pandya in the IPL).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

What did Sam Curran get bought for in the IPL bid?
They said it was a record. Its insane how much he must be worth now.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Problems with payments for some players at Nepal t20. I hear this is the reason Raza returned home early.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Remaining players (presumably including Burl) are 'protesting' and refusing to play todays matches. Organisers have 'disappeared'.

Ridiculous, and has happened numerous times now - happened in the USA, Nepal, Malaysia and Canada leagues. These tinpot leagues in dodgy associates shouldn't be allowed to proceed unless players are payed in advance of matchday 1.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

More Nepal T20;

Reports that some overseas players raised concerns over 'strong suspicions' of match fixing by some local players after the first few matches last week - organisers threatened overseas stars with nonpayment and sanctions if they continued to raise concerns.....

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:24 am
What did Sam Curran get bought for in the IPL bid?
They said it was a record. Its insane how much he must be worth now.
It will be around 2.23 Million USD if I'm not wrong.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:53 am
Remaining players (presumably including Burl) are 'protesting' and refusing to play todays matches. Organisers have 'disappeared'.

Ridiculous, and has happened numerous times now - happened in the USA, Nepal, Malaysia and Canada leagues. These tinpot leagues in dodgy associates shouldn't be allowed to proceed unless players are payed in advance of matchday 1.
😂😂 I knew that was a shit league, teams like Nepal need to focus on their national team performance and look to advance to next stages in the ICC divisions. Playing T20 leagues won't work out.