Regis Chakabva moves to Australia

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Regis Chakabva moves to Australia

Post by jontym87 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:50 am
We need a Merlin bowling machine really badly. They're about 20k. Could one of the admin forgo a month's salary to purchase one or perhaps get all 50 players that get paid $500 a month to donate 100 bucks a month for a season so we can get one? Just don't feed one of your kids.

Then of course we need a place to put it. We don't seem to have an uncover facility or an academy or a high performance centre. Eeish I need my meds.
That machine is just $10.1K and shouldnt be an issue for a national cricket body.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:13 am
Googly wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:59 pm
You never answered my question about what you thought was a lucrative contract?
5k for example is a nice contract. 3k is marginal.
95% of all our players don't get anything like that.
You have to lack a conscience if you collect 20k and you watch a professional young cricketer scoop lunch into his bag so he can save some bucks :lol:
And you have to know that you're just papering over the big cracks so you can keep enjoying a very extravagant lifestyle.
Right now I personally think we have 4 players who deserve more than 5k. That's Blessing plus the 3 senior players left. The rest of them should consider 5k to 6k a lucrative contract if we are being honest. We have been playing a lot of games, the match fees make it even more lucrative

As for the $600 domestic salary well it would be interesting to know how much domestic players in Bangladesh, Afghanistan ad Sri Lanka earn. As I said before the ICC know exactly what's happening, they were approving it. So my suspicion is that their pay scales mustn't be too far off from what they expect a domestic player in a country they consider minnows gets.
Not a fair comparison as all three of those countries the cost of living is significantly cheaper than Zim.

It costs a vast amount to live a normal, safe, reasonable quality of life, middle class kinda lifestyle here.

$600 a month buys you nothing . I’m speaking from a privileged position but I honestly can’t contemplate how people can survive on that. They must have side hustles especially in the winter months surely

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Plenty of the franchise players are from relatively wealthy backgrounds and may be supported by family, but plenty are from high-density. Maybe they are used to it idk. But as Googly says, if your bat breaks that’s half your salary gone just on a new one. No wonder half of our ‘professional’ players turn up and play in shoes that are 15 years old . It’s tough, I feel for them because most of them despite what we are say are pretty talented players and deserve more.

Googly

Post by Googly »

1000%
What gets up my nose is when a fat cat pitches up who's pulling 10k plus, the fawning adulation and bootlicking is sickening.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

So, I guess Chakabva hasn't completely retired. Any idea about any plan of him for playing in Zimbabwe ?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Detective RDS wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:05 am
So, I guess Chakabva hasn't completely retired. Any idea about any plan of him for playing in Zimbabwe ?
What prompted this?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:13 pm
Detective RDS wrote:
What prompted this?
Curious to know whether he will want to stick around or go completely out of picture.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Detective RDS wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:54 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Detective RDS wrote:
What prompted this?
Curious to know whether he will want to stick around or go completely out of picture.
But I mean the way you said ut made me think there was some news or something? Or a scorecard popped up

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:49 pm
Detective RDS wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:54 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

What prompted this?
But I mean the way you said ut made me think there was some news or something? Or a scorecard popped up
Old story, had a read and wanted to know more
https://www.newsday.co.zw/thestandard/s ... e-in-doubt

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Form the records, it appears he has played a few seasons in Oz already

'The' Gus Mackay.