India To Tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

India To Tour

Post by zimfan1 »

India have been asked to take part in a triangular one-day series in Zimbabwe later this year.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) are awaiting a proposed itinerary from their Zimbabwean counterparts before making a decision, a top official told the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Representatives from both countries are expected to discuss the matter during the International Cricket Council's (ICC) January meeting.

The most likely date for the tour appears to be July or August as India have a gap in an otherwise hectic 2009 schedule.

It is unclear who the third country in the tri-series would be, although England and South Africa can be ruled out as their respective boards have cut bilateral ties with Zimbabwe.

Meanwhile, ICC president David Morgan is hopeful that Zimbabwe Cricket chairman Peter Chingoka will be granted a visa to attend the global governing body's meeting in Perth.

Morgan said his organisation was making "strenuous efforts to try to ensure a visa will be made available" for Chingoka, who is banned from entering the country by the Australian government as part of sanctions against Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: India To Tour

Post by maehara »

Source.

New Zealand are currently scheduled to tour Zim in July (they haven't yet been instructed by their government not to), making a rerun of the Ind/NZ/Zim Videocon Cup of a few years back a possibility; either that, or Bangladesh are due to tour in August, making them the other possibility.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I should appreciate the plan of arranging a tri-series in Zimbabwe.The probable time of this tour is July-August '09.

Lets cast a look at the position of the world's cricket nation.Zimbabwe doesnt hv relation with Australia(Political reasons I think),South Africa and England.Pakistan will be touring Sri Lanka(3 tests,5 ODIs) in July-August '09.So,this 5 nations are out of plan.

Remaining 4 countries are India,New Zealand,West Indies and Bangladesh.

India is offered to take part in the tri series while the 3rd team isnt confirmed yet.Probable candidates are New Zealand and Bangladesh.

New Zealand is scheduled to play in Zimbabwe in July '09(2 tests,3 ODIs).I found two reasons of them to refuse playing in the tri series.First,not getting the permission from their government to play in Zimbabwe.Second,New Zealand is very busy in playing international cricket throughout the year with 6 fixtures under their belt.Just after their Zimbabwe tour,they are scheduled to play in Sri Lanka(3 tests,5 ODIs) in Aug-Sep '09.But looking at the Videocon traingular series back in 2005,tri series(ZIM-IND-NZ) is definitely a good option.

If India or New Zealand refused to play so, Bangladesh will be available with no doubt.Before playing the scheduled seies with Zimbabwe(2 Tests,3 ODIs) in Aug '09,Bangladesh can take part in the tri-series.

I have got an another option and that is West Indies.Zimbabwe can invite West Indies to play in the tri series.West Indies just has 4 fixtures under their belt this year.Playing international cricket 4 months(Jan to Apr) in a row,West Indies will take part in the ICC World Twenty-20 in June'09.Bur after that as schedule says,they will be out of international cricket for 5 months before they play in Australia(3 tests) in December '09.I dont think,West Indies will hv a problem if they are told to play in the tri series in Zimbabwe in July-August '09.

Edited:

Information link: http://ind.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/ ... /2009.html

After getting the information abt this topic,I hv also added my own thoughts with it.I hv explained everything in details in my own style giving logics.Seeing the future tour programme from cricinfo,I hv analysed it and find some other options...
Last edited by Detective RDS on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

i got the orginal report from sky sports

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

zimfan1 wrote:i got the orginal report from sky sports
Cheers. The Canadian Press story I linked to was top of a Google search for the story - although everyone seems to be quoting the same AP report, so makes no difference.

Can we ask that when folks are posting news stories, they include a link to the source? Makes it much easier to verify stories! :)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

good idea

i see that you are on the forum bangla cricket, its good to have some banter with the bangladesh boys ahead of the series

seemed that they are a bit concered about losing the series

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Delete
Last edited by Detective RDS on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Detective RDS wrote:Definitely I can understand you are indicating me.Well,I hv edited my post giving the information link.In this forum,I know there are 2 modeators and all the other persons are members.So,I dont find any dividation of class here.If u call me a 'folk',then it will be an insult to me.And it has hurt me really!!!
Check your PM - have replied fully to this privately, but in short, no hurt or insult was intended.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

nah he didnt mean anyone in particular as none of us usally past the sources including myself

this is a very well run forum with no bitterness unlike many others and lets keep it this way

the moderators work very hard to provide inside information from zimbabwe including some great interveiws with players which not many other forums would do

lets just get behind our team and make sure that we are all together in watching the resurgance of zimbabwe cricket

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Delete
Last edited by Detective RDS on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.