Sikandar Raza in Abu Dhabi T10 league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Sikandar Raza in Abu Dhabi T10 league

Post by tej_27 »

Sikandar Raza captaining the side in his final group game in the absence of regular skipper .really captained well and commentators were praising him till he a made a mess by choosing to bowl himself in the last over than established madhushanka who bowled three overs for 15 runs picking up 1 wicket ..Raza gave 25 runs in the last over ending on figures of 1-31 in two overs ..and now his team needs to chase 130 runs in 11 overs to qualify.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

For the first time I've seen LPL points table and realized each team is playing 8 games in the round robin only to eliminate 1 of the 5 teams ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This is hilarious. At least they could have eliminated two teams and done some kind of a qualifier between 2nd and 3rd placed teams while the 1st placed team moves directly to the final.

This is what these T20 leagues are all about, desperate attempt to keep the teams alive until last game, which means the round robin in itself is a joke. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

There were reports of a huge 'Aamiresque' No ball at the Abu Dhabi T10 league followed by some very shady wicket keeping which literally looked like giving away deliberate byes. Also uncharacteristically slow batting by Andre Russell.

I haven't watched anything, I don't think anyone is even remotely interested in watching this crap and it baffles me as to how this league is even profitable... I've read and seen the pics and videos on Twitter/X and it looked very shady.

I seriously feel Raza and some other international cricketers should stay away from this league as much as possible.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Itโ€™s exactly the same organisers, sponsors, funders, owners, officials, etc as the T10 we held here.

There were many many random dudes from India and Pakistan on their phones at HSC during the matches. Anecdotally there are several stories going around about some strange antics about some of the very old Indian/asian guys who played.

It will all come out one day. It usually takes a couple of years to be investigated and made public by the ICC but it will. The Zim T10 will prove to be a disaster and I desperately hope none of our local lads were swayed.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

sam_ahm wrote: โ†‘
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:31 pm
There were reports of a huge 'Aamiresque' No ball at the Abu Dhabi T10 league
Do you know who bowled it?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

If Pakistanis are involved then it definitely is shady yo :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sam_ahm wrote: โ†‘
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:02 pm
For the first time I've seen LPL points table and realized each team is playing 8 games in the round robin only to eliminate 1 of the 5 teams ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This is hilarious. At least they could have eliminated two teams and done some kind of a qualifier between 2nd and 3rd placed teams while the 1st placed team moves directly to the final.

This is what these T20 leagues are all about, desperate attempt to keep the teams alive until last game, which means the round robin in itself is a joke. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
T20 cricket is almost entirely a joke. I have no idea why a once proud sport is so willing to throw everything away for meaningless pyjama cricket.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Dollar and Indiaโ€™s stranglehold on the game.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

tej_27 wrote: โ†‘
Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Sikandar Raza captaining the side in his final group game in the absence of regular skipper .really captained well and commentators were praising him till he a made a mess by choosing to bowl himself in the last over than established madhushanka who bowled three overs for 15 runs picking up 1 wicket ..Raza gave 25 runs in the last over ending on figures of 1-31 in two overs ..and now his team needs to chase 130 runs in 11 overs to qualify.
Sounds a familiar story that :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Good old raz dawg, dude never learns does he.