Sikandar Raza in Abu Dhabi T10 league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Sikandar Raza in Abu Dhabi T10 league

Post by tej_27 »

Sikandar Raza becomes the first Zimbabwean to lead a francise side. What a proud moment ..started off well with his bowling picks up wicket in his first over

TapsC2

Re: Sikandar Raza in Abu Dhabi T10 league

Post by TapsC2 »

This is a big achievement. I was just wondering what he is going to do in January because it looks like like BPL and the UAE leagues clash but he signed up for both of them

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

Although I'm deeply against T10 format, I cannot but be glad for this (deserved) achievement.
Congratulations Raza :D

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Since worldcup sikandar Raza has struggled big time in franchise cricket . His scores in Abu Dhabi t10 league are were he played as captain
His scores till now in Lanka premier league are
Has he lost his Midas touch ? Or was he only good against lesser opponents and couldn't deliver when facing quality international franchise cricket Bowlers ?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:07 pm
Since worldcup sikandar Raza has struggled big time in franchise cricket . His scores in Abu Dhabi t10 league are were he played as captain
Has he lost his Midas touch ? Or was he only good against lesser opponents and couldn't deliver when facing quality international franchise cricket Bowlers ?
He has performed against far better bowling attacks and batting lineups than what they are dishing out at the LPL and whatever that T10 league is.

Moreover most international players play these leagues just to pocket some money, I don't think there could ever be any passion in playing for some random teams.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:40 pm
tej_27 wrote:
He has performed against far better bowling attacks and batting lineups than what they are dishing out at the LPL and whatever that T10 league is.

Moreover most international players play these leagues just to pocket some money, I don't think there could ever be any passion in playing for some random teams.
That's true but he's not going to get many more opportunities for some extra pocket money based on this run of form, which is not ideal considering the IPL auction is next week.

He did make the shortlist so still a chance.
https://documents.bcci.tv/bcci/document ... 20List.pdf

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:53 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:40 pm
tej_27 wrote:

That's true but he's not going to get many more opportunities for some extra pocket money based on this run of form, which is not ideal considering the IPL auction is next week.

He did make the shortlist so still a chance.
https://documents.bcci.tv/bcci/document ... 20List.pdf
Not necessarily, many players fail in IPL, Hundred and all yet remain in contention as long as they are performing at international level. Hales for example had a terrible time of it in the Hundred but is still sought after. But Yes, I do get the point.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

I am afraid that no franchise in IPL will be willing to pick him, He has been in terrible form in Abu DhabiT10 and ongoing LPL. the standard in IPL is way way higher than those leagues to say the least.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

IPL teams may not pick him but how exactly do you gauge form in T10? It is basically just slogging and bowler trying to block a slog. Bowlers get wickets of batter misses his slog, while batters get runs as long as their slogs come off.

I mean to say someone is out of form or in form based on some T10 stuff is just ridiculous.

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

Raza gets picked by lahoreqalandars in Pakistani league.
Also, Burl to play for Kathmandu Knights in Nepal T20 league