Zim Afro T10 league

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Zim Afro T10 league

Post by Marshmallow »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:49 am
I'm also expecting Hami, Elton and maybe even Mire to make an appearance. PJ too if he doesn't count as a foreign player. Expect a lot of people coming out of retirement for a quick buck :lol:
This is not sarcasm, this is actually going to happen imo.
Reason for this Hamilton masakadza, Elton and utseya entered for PSL draft :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Is this bullshit tournament ever going to happen?

Is this why they are putting floodlights up?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:55 am

Apparently it is happening. Well that's the rumour

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:00 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:55 am

Apparently it is happening. Well that's the rumour
It's brave to go up against the IPL though? Presumably the only thing justifying the big sums of money being talked about by these investors is the potential Indian TV and gambling market, but if the IPL is on at the same time then surely that hugely diminishes that.

The whole thing sounds very dodgy.

I wonder if they will let us keep the lights permanently :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:03 pm

It's brave to go up against the IPL though? Presumably the only thing justifying the big sums of money being talked about by these investors is the potential Indian TV and gambling market, but if the IPL is on at the same time then surely that hugely diminishes that.

The whole thing sounds very dodgy.

I wonder if they will let us keep the lights permanently :lol:
So it's happening the same time as the IPL? Can't get two working brain cells between anyone at ZC it seems.

Whilst we definitely need a proper short format comp, going up against the IPL is silly. The only bonus I can think of is that no other major comps are on, so we could potentially attract decent players that missed out on the IPL draft, but seeing as it is a T10 and run by ZC, can only imagine this will run for a very short while, and crash and burn at some point.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

When is this meant to be happening? Dates wise. Any links?

Googly

Post by Googly »

So here's an interesting one-
This Mulk fellow who sponsored our T10 (and hasn't paid some of the players) is involved in this Cyber City development.
Rumour has it that he took deposits from customers, including full payment for 50 sites from government and is now proving difficult to pin down. A government official was seen at a Dubai Police Station apparently enquiring as to his whereabouts. Initially the story was that he was purchasing fixtures and fittings, but that appears to have escalated.
I heard this second hand but from a friend that generally has very good information.
It would seem unlikely that he'd mess with a government, but something ain't right in the state of Denmark.
Hopefully it's all false and he comes back?