Series thread: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe Tri-Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Re: Series thread: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe Tri-Series

Post by jimbo »

Cracking bowling from rainsford again, Why o why hasnt he figured in plans for a couple of years is beyond me!!! :o

I dont think good old brendon taylor could have arrested that batting slide, The spinners are just too good for a mediocre zimbabwe batting side, i take a lot of positives from the bowling but it must be heartbreaking for bowlers like rainsford who has bent his back all afternoon bowling then you get the zimbo batters who go and ruin his good work,

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Who were you supporting today Detective RDS, Zimbabwe or Bangladesh? Also, was the game on local TV for you or did you have to go on the internet for a stream?
Actually I supported both team to be honestly speaking.Bangladesh as it's my home and Zimbabwe as it's my favoutite team. :D

Well,I am watching the matches in tv on Super Sport 5.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

The bowling of Zimbabwe in this match is really right on top!Edward Rainsford has performed very well.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka has been affected by weather, down to 31 overs per side. The commentators have said a few times now that Bangladesh have to win with a bonus point, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Sri Lanka batting first, 1/0 - that's one wicket for no runs.

:(

Edit: here's a thought. Maybe Bangladesh do need the bonus point! If Bangladesh and Zimbabwe end up both on 4 points, then it could be decided by who the winner of the match between BD and Zim was before it becomes a matter of net run rate.

Sri Lanka 2/4, 2 wickets that is. This is terrible.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I am a Sanath Jayasuriya fan today. :)

All we need is a vintage Jayasuriya special.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

CricInfo text commentary just wrote- ban needed superior NRR not bonus point.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Sri Lanka 9/141 with a couple of overs to go.

I'm not comfortable at the moment, if the last pair can add another 10 or 15 I'd feel a hell of a lot better, but I think this game could go either way. Hopefully Mendis and Murali can rip through Bangladesh like they can to Zimbabwe...

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

How many times will winning 1 game in a tri series come back to bite Zimbabwe. Beat Australia in the 20/20 world cup yet still fail to make the final. This will be the same again. Excellent performance aganst bangladesh followed by same old Zimbabwe in the 2nd. Completely shot themselves in the foot losing so badly against Sri Lanka.

They almost deserve to be knocked out. Sorry but ive really had enough of this shocking inconsistency, even the papers here are starting to lose their rag.
Last edited by zimdan on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

ICC World Twenty20 was completely unfair; Zimbabwe played much better than Australia, and were probably close to or on par with England (we gave them 30 too many runs, and losing Taylor on 47 didn't help).

It would be shattering if Zimbabwe didn't make this tri-series final, we really deserve to. If only we'd made another 50 or so runs against Sri Lanka...

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

Bangladesh 3 down inside 4 overs, interesting? Maybe Zimbabwe gave them their own collapse virus