Series thread: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe Tri-Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Series thread: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe Tri-Series

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I am stunned looking at the score card. How on earth Sri Lanka managed to win this?
Detective RDS wrote:But but but Mohammad Ashraful again gave bowl to Rubel Hussain and he considered 12 runs and Muraili leveled the score.
Probably Ashraful is getting captaincy lessons from Prosper. His own part time spin would have been a better choice at that stage of the match for a tailender like Murali.

Detective RDS

Re: Series thread: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe Tri-Series

Post by Detective RDS »

I think,Prosper Utseya is doing well in making strategy in this series in spite of his struggling with it in the previous assignments.

After giving 20 runs in the last over bowled by Rubel Hussain,Ashraful surely made a mistake giving him to bowl again in which over he considered 12 and the match was over then.I thought with 3 overs remaining,Ashraful would go with off spinner Mahmudullah Riyad.Ashraful's part-time leg spin also sometimes useful but he didnt bowl in this series yet.So,I thought it was definitely going to be Mahmudullah.But Ashraful proved me wrong so to the commentators.They were also shocked watching this tactics of Ashraful.Ashraful lead the team well from the very start of the match but his last tactics let the team down and down straight to a loss which could hv been a vital victory of Bangladesh and also the tri series win...