Raza in IPL

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Raza in IPL

Post by tej_27 »

Raza took three very crucial catches also . I think he has done enough to start in the next game also provided livingstone doesn't get fit again

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also, and I know this is controversial, I think Livingstone might just be the most over rated cricketer of this era.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

So he played inconsistent ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Privthi Shaw has sadza'd himself nicely. Little beachball

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Sikki looked like he belongs, he was unfazed and played a key role for his team. Punjab are known for some very interesting overseas picks, Azhar Mahmood, Hashim Amla, Sikandar Raza... These are players who would get ignored by other teams but Punjab have picked them and they have done brilliantly for Punjab when they played.

IPL is overrated guys, if you are a good player you will do well in IPL. Now with 10 teams even more so because the talent is even widely distributed. With the addition of this useless impact rule it is effectively 12 players a side game which further deteriorates the quality and will also result in more one sided matches. If you observe lot of Indian players who do well in IPL later struggle to perform at international level. Harshal Patel, V Iyer, V Chakravarthy, are some recent examples.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Didn't last long with the bat today. It's cut throat. Hopefully he gets at least a 5 game run.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:13 pm
Didn't last long with the bat today. It's cut throat. Hopefully he gets at least a 5 game run.
1 with bat

24-0 off 2 with ball

Luckily his team won so hopefully he gets another run
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm bored of the IPL after 3 days.
Its just so repetitive and boring. Small grounds and nothing in it for the bowlers.

Losing interest massively

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:41 pm
Its just so repetitive and boring. Small grounds and nothing in it for the bowlers.

I lost interest in the IPL after the 2nd season. I especially lost interest when they attempted the T20 Champs League but forced international players to play for IPL franchises.

It's not a proper cricket competition. Reading that matches are going over 4 hours long this season. That's not how T20 is meant to be.

BCCI just have the money.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:52 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:41 pm

I lost interest in the IPL after the 2nd season. I especially lost interest when they attempted the T20 Champs League but forced international players to play for IPL franchises.

It's not a proper cricket competition. Reading that matches are going over 4 hours long this season. That's not how T20 is meant to be.

BCCI just have the money.
I believe Champions League T20 was scrapped because IPL sides were losing to some side from Australia or England or South Africa despite having the best players available for them. That was massively damaging the image of IPL sides.