Murray Goodwin Released

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
dang8811

Murray Goodwin Released

Post by dang8811 »

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Murray Goodwin Released

Post by eugene »

Welcome home, Murray!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

He has been having a really rough year. It doesn't say he is retiring, I wonder if he is holding out hope of another stint somewhere?

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

“Murray is arguably the best ever batsman Sussex have had ..."
That's some accolade, considering past Sussex greats like C.B. Fry, Ranji, or Ted Dexter. But modern cricket tends to be a tad myopic. Anyway, Murray has undoubtably been Sussex's best batsman during their most successful years.

It's a shame Sussex lost their CB40 semi-final on Saturday, another trip to Lords would have been a fitting end to a great career with the County.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

has he got one more world cup left in him?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Robin

Post by Robin »

He would be a great short term investment for Zimbabwe Cricket; he would improve the national teams performance in all formats of the game.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Murray has been a truly brilliant player and one of the most talented to wear the Sussex Martlets, personally i don't go with this 'best ever' sort of talk, you can only compare players if you've actually regularly seen them in action

Sadly the last couple of seasons have seen his performances begin to slide, while he will be a great loss to Sussex, it's not good to see someone go on beyond their time, i wish him success at Glamorgan but he will be past his 40th birthday at the start of next season and reactions slow down, whether you like it or not, if he has another poor season in 2013 it will be a real shame to see him trying to go beyond his allotted career time

I never thought for one second that he would return to Zim colours and nothing has changed my view, thanks for all you've done though, a true honour to watch such a player at first hand

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I hope he goes well at Glamorgan. A new role may help him turn around this last poor season. He had a rough year a few seasons ago and bounced back. Hope he can manage to do that again.