Makoni announces Zim Afro T10

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Makoni announces Zim Afro T10

Post by secretzimbo »

Why does him being a director of ZC mean he should be stopped from playing in a relatively casual, amateur local cricket league where he is still probably good enough to compete?

Weird agenda

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:53 pm
Why does him being a director of ZC mean he should be stopped from playing in a relatively casual, amateur local cricket league where he is still probably good enough to compete?

Weird agenda
It's not an agenda, it's an opinion.

I've also provided my explanation many times in relation to your question.

In other countries, club cricket involves international and domestic players plus up and coming players and experienced players who are regular, constantly training, strict diet etc.

Why should ours be a casual hit around.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Retired pros play club cricket in most countries. It’s extremely common in England actually. A lot of former county players will play decent standard club cricket well into their 50’s.

So that point is moot

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

60*, 33, 22 are his scores so far this season which is better than a majority of other Takashinga batters thus far.

For info most people involved have wanted retired guys to turn out for a long time at this level. People used to get annoyed at the boozers league and say those guys should enter the Vigne Cup.

I know you intensely dislike Hamilton but I don’t understand the problem with this one. It’s irrational

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

If Hamilton doesn’t play then it’ll be some random glue addict from Highfield who vaguely knows what a cricket bat is. There aren’t hundreds of high quality youngsters queueing up and willing and available to play every Sunday

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:54 pm
60*, 33, 22 are his scores so far this season which is better than a majority of other Takashinga batters thus far.

For info most people involved have wanted retired guys to turn out for a long time at this level. People used to get annoyed at the boozers league and say those guys should enter the Vigne Cup.

I know you intensely dislike Hamilton but I don’t understand the problem with this one. It’s irrational
I'm sure most of the younger players not playing for the franchises would love to bowl at Hami or bat alongside him. He is not wasting a spot because he probably still better than most of the guys playing in the Vigne Cup. There is so much that a young player can learn from him actually.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Agreed!!!

I’d be aghast if he played at a higher level but it’s actually a positive to have guys like that playing at club level imo

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't intensely dislike the guy. Stop putting words out there that I have not said.

I don't see why this is such an issue for you. I have my own view or opinion and I still stand by it.

I'm not going to affect whether he turns out or not. He'll keep doing what he wants, but my view is just that as long as he has his role within ZC, I would prefer he didn't take up this spot.