ESPNCRICINFO reports that Gary Ballance has retired from all cricket - does anybody know details, what happened ?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

ESPNCRICINFO reports that Gary Ballance has retired from all cricket - does anybody know details, what happened ?

Post by Detective RDS »

https://www.facebook.com/Cricinfo/photo ... tid=Nif5oz

ESPNCRICINFO has uploaded a photo in facebook with no details. What happened there ? Don't think april fool joke will come this late.

tgk

Re: ESPNCRICINFO reports that Gary Ballance has retired from all cricket - does anybody know details, what happened ?

Post by tgk »

What the fuck?

tgk

Re: ESPNCRICINFO reports that Gary Ballance has retired from all cricket - does anybody know details, what happened ?

Post by tgk »

"However, I have reached the stage where I no longer have the desire to dedicate myself to the rigours of professional sport and this would do Zimbabwe Cricket and the game itself a disservice, should I carry on. I wish them every success going forward."

Sky Sports

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/ ... of-cricket

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We honestly can never catch a break.. like never have things just gone completely our way. What a loss

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

:lol:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Clearly the injuries he has had have played a part. Clearly decided that he doesn't have the drive. Heard whispers that his wife is not too keen on Zim to.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

There’s a lot more to this than meets the eye

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

This is actually embarrassing on our part too. They won't be happy. I hope it doesn't affect future plans of importing other players. In the end you need people who are committed to the cause. This ain't it.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm
There’s a lot more to this than meets the eye
Was thinking this too. Doesn't make sense at all

Googly

Post by Googly »

That's just too weird. First thing I checked was the date thinking it was a belated April joke.

I'll bet my bottom dollar the main cause is his missus not liking the place. Always marry within your circle if you don't want a shed load of problems :lol:
Also helps with the in-breeding :lol:

But there will be more to it than that.
Bloody disappointing, whatever the reason.