Match Thread: Kenya v Zimbabwe, 5th ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Match Thread: Kenya v Zimbabwe, 5th ODI

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

All in all, a very clinical display over the entire series, and yes, was a great team effort, with every one contributing at some stage or the other.

Changes for Canada series (oh yes, am I looking forward to that or what: another 3-0 :)) : Chakabva for Dabengwa, a reformed and rejuvenated Taibu (hopefully) for Sibanda, Chibhabha for Matsikenyeri (please, I want this).

The only way Matsikenyeri might remain in the side is if Williams leaves again. Looking at today's innings of Williams coupled with zimfan1's statements in the forum, I can't help but think that this was an innings of swansong (I would love to be proven wrong, though :)). What's more, his ODI average is 30+ now.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

yeah thats what a was thinking lol

signing of in style but lets hope we are wrong

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimfan1 wrote:yeah thats what a was thinking lol

signing of in style but lets hope we are wrong

Have a look at

Code: Select all

http://www.zimcricket.org/kenya09/index.php?pid=art&articleid=588
The final few paragraphs:

The Zimbabwe chase started off on a wobbly note. Keith Dabengwa, opening with Masakadza, was dismissed for a duck by Peter Ongondo who had him caught by wicket-keeper Maurice Ouma. Zimbabwe were one for one.

Then Vusimuzi Sibanda fell in similar fashion to Lameck Onyango, for one. And Zimbabwe were two for two.

Number four bat Stuart Matsikenyeri then joined Masakadza at the crease. The pair added 93 to the Zimbabwe cause. Matsikenyeri was dropped twice and went on to make a 58-ball 50 which included six fours, only to be caught thereafter by Patel at mid-on off Hiren Varaiya.

Then entered Sean Williams.
And that's the end of the article. Certainly a strange way to end a news article? It almost sounds sentimental. Or am I over analysing this? :)