Ronak Patel

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Ronak Patel

Post by Donald »

Big daddy hundred for under 19s in India today.

I would take a look at him against Pakistan A Along with bennet and shungu

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Ronak Patel

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Some impressive run of form this. Did they miss a trick by not playing him in the last Logan Cup season already?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

He’s only just turned 17 and he is quite academic. Please don’t rush him or put unecessary pressure on these young lads when they still have another year of school even

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:23 pm
He’s only just turned 17 and he is quite academic. Please don’t rush him or put unecessary pressure on these young lads when they still have another year of school even
Yeah Indian origin kids are pretty academic everywhere :lol: . So, yeah, ZC has to make sure he plays for Zim if he is as special as it is looking like as of now. If guys like Myers, Bawa and Murray can stop cricket to go to University, you can bet an Indian household would be well ahead on this front :)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I saw Rajput congratulating Ronak after his 100 the other day. Can't believe Rajput is still involved.

Indian origin players can be very serious about their cricket as well, if Ronak is clear in his mind that he wants to make a career out of it then I'm certain he will be committed to playing for Zimbabwe even more so than some local kids.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:06 am
I saw Rajput congratulating Ronak after his 100 the other day. Can't believe Rajput is still involved.

Indian origin players can be very serious about their cricket as well, if Ronak is clear in his mind that he wants to make a career out of it then I'm certain he will be committed to playing for Zimbabwe even more so than some local kids.
Yeah, hope he has his mind set on cricket. Too many south asian kids give it up for academics

Donald

Post by Donald »

Just hit 151 for bulldogs today in latest under 19 match

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Seems an impressive prospect. Are any of these U19 players playing in the NPL.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'