Zim fixture list

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zim fixture list

Post by Train Driver »

I seem to be a bit lost at the moment as to the fixtures that have been agreed.

I know we are off to India in march to take part in the Deodhar Trophy, hopefully it will be the full squad that travels as the Indians are so strong at the moment anything less could result in some serious defeats.

Has anyone seen this on cricinfo this morning ?

http://www.cricinfo.com/canada/content/ ... 89115.html

I'm not sure how this fits in with the Deodhar, a warm up for India or a chance for some other players ?

zimfan1

Re: Zim fixture list

Post by zimfan1 »

i thought we were supposed to be playing sri lanka in late feb early march but they are playing pack in tests until late feb

its good that we have more cricket on the horizon as the more we play the better we will get

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Ah, four more ODI's. Great
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Tour to Sri Lanka is meant to be late Feb/early March, so this shouldn't clash. The absence of a fixture list for that tour worries me, though.

Bear in mind that, unless Canada managed to win 2 of the matches, they wouldn't be ranking games.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

doesn't really matter or not if they are ranking games, if we can take 15 wins to the icc this year they will have to take notice

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

zimfan1 wrote:doesn't really matter or not if they are ranking games, if we can take 15 wins to the icc this year they will have to take notice
Can't argue there - I'm actually all in favour of us playing the Associates more often, if we keep thrashing them as we have Kenya then it proves we don't deserve to drop down. Just a shame there aren't points on offer for them. :)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

maehara wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:doesn't really matter or not if they are ranking games, if we can take 15 wins to the icc this year they will have to take notice
Can't argue there - I'm actually all in favour of us playing the Associates more often, if we keep thrashing them as we have Kenya then it proves we don't deserve to drop down. Just a shame there aren't points on offer for them. :)

yeah if only we could get a five match series against ireland who are the best of the associates by far then we can show the icc that we are clearly better than the real minnows

i believe this is a very big year for zimbabwe cricket

Sir Mupariwa

Post by Sir Mupariwa »

Ireland would be a good challenge for Zim, winning is a habit and loosing is a habit too. A few wins under our belt will certainly boost confidence- this year is a good year for Zim if we build up from our perfomance in Bang.
12.4 Odhiambo to Vermeulen, FOUR, that's an appalling long hop, Vermulen had plenty of time to get into position, drink a cup of tea, and pull the ball towards the long leg boundary- his first boundary today

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Found this which seems to tie up with the Deodhar Trophy on cricinfo

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seaso ... 08-09.html

They will, presumably, have to rework the draw with North, West or Central playing Zim in a quarter final to decide who will advance to the semi final, it's going to be a short trip if Zim are beaten in a QF match.

The article about Canada states that the games will take place between 18th and 26th march, if Zim were to play only one game in India they could, just about, make it back to play on 18th.

If they were to get further in India then they can't, obviously, be on two continents at the same time, would the ICC be happy for Zim to put out what would be a 2nd team for official ODI's ?

I do feel that the strongest side possible should go to India, it does not seem right to insult the BCCI by sending out a 2nd team.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Articles about the Indian competitions referred to a Zimbabwe President's XI taking part - that would imply a representative / 'A' side, and not the national team. That would be consistent with the last time we took part in the Duleep Trophy, when Zimbabwe 'A' made the trip.