Flickers of hope - Something positive from cricinfo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Flickers of hope - Something positive from cricinfo

Post by Train Driver »

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/conten ... 90333.html

Perhaps Martin Williamson has got a bit over excited after his interview with Ozias 'I'm your friend' Bvute but, joking aside, it's very good to see something positive about Zimbabwean cricket after all the negative attacks of recent times.

zulu

Re: Flickers of hope - Something positive from cricinfo

Post by zulu »

wow, Havent been on here for a good while been playing club cricket in SA for the last 4 months, Anyhow its good too see how Zim are doing it really has been a positive start to 2009.

I cant believe that Martin Williamson has actually written a positive article on zimbabwe cricket! lets hope zim have turned the corner and keep improving

Detective RDS

Re: Flickers of hope - Something positive from cricinfo

Post by Detective RDS »

Good to see that cricinfo has mentioned that there are hopes in Zimbabwean cricket.

Two things Martin Williamson is notifying is the lack of top coaching service in Zimbabwe and the lack of experience of the players in playing abroad.Kevin Curran was very defending as a coach.Robin Brown did well and in recent times Walter Chwaguta is also doing well too.It's a matter of time that Chwaguta starts to dominate himself as a complete coach as it has been probably only a year went by since he retired.

When it's off cricket season in Zimbabwe,I also think that the board should let the players to play club/county cricket in Eng,Sou or Aus.It's really a big step of their development of cricket abilities and skill.