Emerging talent

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Emerging talent

Post by Googly »

Batsman keeper. He's decent, but I'd like to see him play some franchise. Lacks a bit of technique, but he's a fighter.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

People have been down on the next u19 batch (as always) but considering a depleted squad did so well against a bunch of Indian u23 state sides recently gives me a lot of hope.

SA u19’s are coming in August

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I'm one of the non believers. Let's see...hope I'm wrong

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Is Welch Jnr still in the mix? I have a mate who knows one of his mates and said he's a gun batter, probably a higher ceiling than his older brother apparently..

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Pretty sure he’s had some bad injuries unfortunately . Let’s see if he plays any franchise this coming season

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

How did the story on the Naqvi's end. Are these boys still around and looking to qualify for Zim. They seemed very talented and we bossing the Logan cup.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:29 am
How did the story on the Naqvi's end. Are these boys still around and looking to qualify for Zim. They seemed very talented and we bossing the Logan cup.
Bit of bad blood between a few on here, would be interesting to see if they stick around next season. Don't think they will go for Zim and I don't think we will see them again.

Antum is class so would be a welcome addition to the national team if he did have his heart set that away, would definitely need to win a few people over though.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Naqvi 🤣 what a shady guy he was lol. Could play though hey.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He knew his game, that's for sure. Had a decent defence and played the percentage shots. Risk free cricket, just accumulated. The annoying thing was him bending the flexible system and then being vocal. He triggered a few people. The Pakistani community here are tight and showed him the ropes.

He wouldn't make the side. That would change if the senior batters retired. If they do well this tournament they'll get big offers to stick around for as long as possible.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya his shenanigans were hardly endearing lol, I generally have a lot of time for Pakistanis too.

Did what he had to do to get a visa as a professional sports person elsewhere I guess.