2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: 2023 WCQ | non-Zimbabwe matches

Post by sam_ahm »

Now that Zim have won against the WI, I want Ireland to get eliminated tomorrow... But if Ireland win against Sri Lanka, then all hell will break loose.

It won't be ideal for Zimbabwe and Ireland pose a bigger threat than Oman, but it will also mean SL and WI both get into the danger zone of getting eliminated.

I'm seeing messages on Twitter which read "why did you do this ICC?" And these are only because former world champions are now in danger of getting eliminated. If it were same old Zim, Ire, Afg getting eliminated, no one would have cared one bit.

I've lost all sympathy. No one cared earlier about us, why should we care now!?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

What are the permutation possibilities for us now?

We have qualified with 4 points, so in a strong position. Is it a case of just need to beat Scotland and Oman and we are through, or is beating Sri Lanka a must?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:27 pm
What are the permutation possibilities for us now?

We have qualified with 4 points, so in a strong position. Is it a case of just need to beat Scotland and Oman and we are through, or is beating Sri Lanka a must?
If we lose to SL but they also lose to Windies then it could come down to NRR I believe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We just need to hope that either us or SL (more likely) win everything at the super sixes. That's the simplest way for both of us to go through. Any slip ups by either that brings WI back into contention is dangerous for us. SL will boss with the NRR so that is detrimental for us.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Ik it might not be a possibility but if the dutch somehow squeeze a result out of the windies we might be in la la land :lol:

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah that or another upset in the super sixes can assist us

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Easiest scenario is for SL to just keep winning from here on and Zim to win against Oman and Scotland. That is it, then we are through!

If Ireland beat SL today then everything changes. Zim will still be in pole position as the only team to carry forward 4 points into Super 6s and someone between WI and SL set to lose when they play each other.

Everything aside what I feel is that we are yet to see some more upsets. Don't count out Scotland, they apear stronger than the Dutch this time and are also capable of causing upsets. As expected this tournament is once again turning out to be more exciting than the WC itself.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

All the major permutations have been stated already, so I'm just rehashing.

Zimbabwe and SL are in the best positions. But Windies can storm back into the reckoning should they beat SL and SL in turns beats Zimbabwe. But again, Zimbabwe have their fate completely in their hands, so both them and SL are in the top two positions.

Of course anything is possible. Last time no one thought Afghanistan would even make it to the Super 6, let alone win the tournament outright. Or think that ZIM would beat AFG/tie with Scotland, yet lose to UAE. So all outcomes are possible, if not probable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:27 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:54 am

Thanks CA, it is a little concerning that I have made so many posts despite joining the forum much later than yourself a few others, and I've also had a few spells from the forum as well. That probably suggests I post too much when I am active :D
It's a prestigious club, I need to work on my technique to get over the line 😉
I have fallen well off the pace it seems!
I joined 16 years ago but off late stopped posting because of the hate propogated by some new posters. Happy to be on Twitter but keep missing old forum members
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:24 am
eugene wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:27 pm
sloandog wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 am

It's a prestigious club, I need to work on my technique to get over the line 😉
I have fallen well off the pace it seems!
I joined 16 years ago but off late stopped posting because of the hate propogated by some new posters. Happy to be on Twitter but keep missing old forum members
Love you Doc. Remember you from zim cricket online days on Cricinfo. Must be a good 20+ years ago.