Zimbabwe Vs Netherlands | ICC CWC Qualifier | 20 June 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Netherlands | ICC CWC Qualifier | 20 June 2023

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Williams and Raza bossing the lower ranked sides which is what you would expect for senior pros with their reputation. The key will be carrying this form forward into the Super 6 stage.

Madhevere has got to do more than score 40 odd in two innings on really flat tracks against some very pedestrian bowling attacks. Gumbie too looks a bit limited from the little that I saw of him.

Its going to be about the senior batters, Ervine, Williams, and Raza and then also down to the bowlers in order to get into position for the top 2 slots. But thats not exactly news to anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Gumbie is doing alright. Its a high pressure situation to have your first couple of games debuting especially in a world cup qualifier. Hit a good century against shaheens. Lets reward form for a change.

If anything its madhevere and chatara who need to be looking over their shoulders.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I know it's 'only' the associates but this is phenomenal

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Raza is unmatched. What an incredible legend of a man

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Fire at HSC this evening though behind the big uncovered stands

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I can't wait to be in the Centurion on Saturday......I think the atmosphere will far surpass even what we've seen so far.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Organising the shaheens matches turned out to be a masterstroke. Has been very good prep.
Windies will be a little better. Back zimbabwe for the win though, Are we going to still be using the very same pitch or maybe one with a little turn or spice in track? Johnson charles and co still worry me on an absolute pancake pitch.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

That's concerning
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:13 pm
Williams and Raza bossing the lower ranked sides which is what you would expect for senior pros with their reputation. The key will be carrying this form forward into the Super 6 stage.

Madhevere has got to do more than score 40 odd in two innings on really flat tracks against some very pedestrian bowling attacks. Gumbie too looks a bit limited from the little that I saw of him.

Its going to be about the senior batters, Ervine, Williams, and Raza and then also down to the bowlers in order to get into position for the top 2 slots. But thats not exactly news to anyone.
We can't understate the importance of getting through the first 10 overs without losing a wicket! Sure Gumbie has his limitations, but the fact he's able to get through the powerplay with his wicket intact is a huge bonus. The likes of Williams, Raza and Burl can make up the run-rate in the final 30 odd overs, but what we don't want is them coming to the crease with under 50 on the board.

If anything, I'd be tempted to bring in Kaia for Wes and play Ervine at No.3 for the Windies game. Sure Ervine has done well opening so far, but I think he's more suited to No.3 than Kaia is. Kaia is a proper opener, he likes the ball coming onto the bat and he likes to play his strokes. I know Kaia scored his ODI hundred batting at No.3, but he pretty much opened that day anyways as early wickets tumbled.

Evans or Jongwe will definitely come in for Chatara you'd think, on these decks poor old Larry is just getting smashed around the park.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement