Zimbabwe Vs Oman | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 29 June 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Oman | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 29 June 2023

Post by TapsC2 »

Against Sri Lanka we need a lot of changes. We got to bat until number 9 if possible. We can't have 3 tail enders. Kaia and Evans would be playing if I was the coach

We have had a lot of luck

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya we've not had to bat deep until today. Two early wickets and we look brittle.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Guys one thing which I used to say back in the days when team was doing poorly was that Good performances will help Zimbabwe retain talent... And I'm sure we will start to see this now.

Guys not everyone would want to end their careers playing for some county and literally be a little known player, now Zim ia getting visibility at Global level, the inspiration to represent a national team at the World Cup is altogether different, playing in front of such a fantastic home crowed, in such atmosphere is a great feeling...and now since this is actually happening there will be players willing to stock around, willing to come back.

Add to that the innumerable Franchise Leagues that recognize talent that is doing well internationally will further motivate youngsters. The AfroT10 is a great initiative too.. in general I don't like Franchise T20s Or the T10 format but for a country like Zimbabwe which wants to retain their local talent, this is fantastic. In fact even T20 leagues are great if our players can use them as some sort of a motivation to play for the country.

If Zimbabwe qualifies for WC and has a great run in the upcoming years just like last 12 months then we as fans owe a lot to this current set of players folks... Sikki, Ervine, Sean, Blessing, everyone who has stuck around and have given their soul to Zimbabwe cricket and most importantly to Dave Houghton for turning the fortunes of this team upside down.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Can matigimu be convinced to play for zimbabwe?
Does he still play cricket at a decent level

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yeah you got to think this helps. For Example if Byrom decides to have an international career we have to be the better pick as things stand

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I feel sorry for PJ actually. I think DH was the kind of coach he needed.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Zimbabwe are almost qualified now. The most realistic shot anyone has of upending them is Scotland, West Indies, and Netherlands, in that order mostly due to NRR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:44 pm
If Mutendira still has a say in selection Evans won't get an extended run. He just doesn't like him. Long story.

Jongwe looking a lot more svelte is interesting. Shining himself up for the WC, about 3 years too late but it shows good intent.
It's a forum where we talk shit about Zim. It is perfect for long stories!!

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol:
It's just old bad blood. Things have improved a lot thanks to DH adding some sanity to what was a very unhealthy environment. Don't want to open old wounds.
Everyone has shit on their liver, we need to let it go :lol:

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Not sure we need Wellington in the next game, only bowled 3 overs today. If we want to keep Jongwe in the side we can bring in Marumani for Wellington with Jongwe moving to 8.

Any news on Burl's injury?