Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:35 pm
Taps that's not cool. Same as last time. Everyone behind them until they fail and then the vitriol and time to move on stuff, but move on to whom. You'll wait a cold day in hell to find guys better than Craig, Raza and Sean.
They aren't going to be around in 4 years time anyway so what's the point of all them sticking around? In fact they won't be kicked out, 2 of them already planned on leaving anyway if this happened.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

It's surely sad.

Scotland deserves the berth to WC.

What I hope is that the enthusiasm does not fade away: Zimbabwe played well along the whole tournament.

Now, more than ever, is time to continuing the process of rebuilding Zimbabwe cricket.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:37 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:32 pm
Time to move on from these chokers. No excuses today. They fucked up. Williams is the only one I feel for because he turned up in almost every game. Time for us to gel new blood and focus on the next 4 years. No qualification necessary so let them learn.
They didn't choke today, they were undone by some world class bowling that would have troubled anyone.
I disagree, unfortunately they did choke. We lost to Scotland -- hardly Starc and Cummins running in on a green top.

But that doesn't mean we should start a pile on for the senior guys either, sometimes it's just not your day and some of these guys are legitimately Zim legends. No reason Kaia or Gumbie couldn't have made today the day they stepped up. Can't leave it to the big three every time.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:40 pm
Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:35 pm
Taps that's not cool. Same as last time. Everyone behind them until they fail and then the vitriol and time to move on stuff, but move on to whom. You'll wait a cold day in hell to find guys better than Craig, Raza and Sean.
They aren't going to be around in 4 years time anyway so what's the point of all them sticking around? In fact they won't be kicked out, 2 of them already planned on leaving anyway if this happened.
You don't just bang in new guys. U pass the baton. Might be a slightly damaged one, but that's what we've got.

celsito

Post by celsito »

Hi Zimbabwe cricket I am big fan. I don't want to comment on this because it's very hard and my heart is so heavy and it's very painful I feel bad for Zimbabwean fan and the players . Good luck in future. :W:

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

eugene wrote:
I think we really missed Gary Ballance today, he had the skill and temperament to get us over the line against tough bowling.

Where is he anyway? Did he return to the UK after retiring or is he still in Harare?
I absolutely agree. His absence has been a major blow.

If anyone is in touch with him, please beg him to return on his decision: he is still only 33 years old and could make a wonderful job in the generation shift that Zimbabwe cricket will face soon.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

andrea lanzoni wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:43 pm
eugene wrote:
I think we really missed Gary Ballance today, he had the skill and temperament to get us over the line against tough bowling.

Where is he anyway? Did he return to the UK after retiring or is he still in Harare?
I absolutely agree. His absence has been a major blow.

If anyone is in touch with him, please beg him to return on his decision: he is still only 33 years old and could make a wonderful job in the generation shift that Zimbabwe cricket will face soon.
I dont think he retired willingly, there is a huge thread about what happened if you search around here. He will never lay cricket again
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Ballance's retirement was a double blow as he was only 33 and could have stuck around for another four years and the 2027 CWC.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

Ballance probably retired because of racism thing. If he was in this side, Zimbabwe would have been a much better team

Googly

Post by Googly »

High profile guy with World class ability and fucks the second bite of the cherry. Go figure.

He may well get a third bite with another County gig. Undeservingly so. Needs to tidy up his act and take a bag of cement.