Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
MMK45

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by MMK45 »

I also very much hope Kaia is in the team. Doesn't need to shuffle Ervine down necessarily. He can bat anywhere 3-5. The main objective should be posting a good total (if they are going at 5 an over for the first 30-35 overs but keep wickets in hand, Raza and Burl can still get them to 300) and having another batsman in the middle order will make a huge difference. I am not against Jongwe staying in the team, but him batting at 8 (as long as he is still bowling) would make me feel a little better. I think it's going to be a lot of spin tonight if they're using the same wickets, so the third seamer might only bowl 3-5 overs.

MMK45

Post by MMK45 »

Forecast says no rain for Bulawayo today which is great news. DLS or a rained out game could've been bad.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The bookies have Zimbabwe big favourites at 1.36 today to win.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Too much pressure lads. I just wish we get over the line.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

#-hours till the match starts,

Here's my line-up -

1. Joylord Gumbie wk
2. Craig Ervine c
3. Innocent Kaia
4. Sean Williams
5. Sikander Raza
6. Wes Madhevere
7. Ryan Burl
8. Wellington Masakadza
9. Brad Evans
10. Richard Ngarava
11. Blessing Muzarabani

I have decided to stick with Evans over Chatara, I'm still a Chatara fan and I think the forum members have been very disrespectful to a Zim legend, but he just doesn't have the rhythm to his bowling at the moment.

Kaia in for Jongwe, I'd probably be more inclined to open with Kaia, but I know Dave likes the left & right hand combo, so it makes more sense to open with Ervine and have Kaia at first drop.

Obviously win the toss and bowl.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:20 am
#-hours till the match starts,

Here's my line-up -

1. Joylord Gumbie wk
2. Craig Ervine c
3. Innocent Kaia
4. Sean Williams
5. Sikander Raza
6. Wes Madhevere
7. Ryan Burl
8. Wellington Masakadza
9. Brad Evans
10. Richard Ngarava
11. Blessing Muzarabani

I have decided to stick with Evans over Chatara, I'm still a Chatara fan and I think the forum members have been very disrespectful to a Zim legend, but he just doesn't have the rhythm to his bowling at the moment.

Kaia in for Jongwe, I'd probably be more inclined to open with Kaia, but I know Dave likes the left & right hand combo, so it makes more sense to open with Ervine and have Kaia at first drop.

Obviously win the toss and bowl.
Agree with this. My only question would be between Evans and Jongwe. I had thought about dropping Wellington instead but then I looked at the warmup scorecard and the problem is Jongwe, Chatara, Evans and Wellington all picked up wickets :lol: Burl, Williams and Raza bowled well too all picking up wickets. Blessing didn't play.

My point being that since the Burl, Williams and Raza bowled well then maybe Luke should play at 8 instead of Wellington to strengthen the batting. This could allow both Luke and Evans to play.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:20 am

Agree with this. My only question would be between Evans and Jongwe. I had thought about dropping Wellington instead but then I looked at the warmup scorecard and the problem is Jongwe, Chatara, Evans and Wellington all picked up wickets :lol: Burl, Williams and Raza bowled well too all picking up wickets. Blessing didn't play.

My point being that since the Burl, Williams and Raza bowled well then maybe Luke should play at 8 instead of Wellington to strengthen the batting. This could allow both Luke and Evans to play.
Yeah it's a valid point no doubt.

It's a really weird situation with Wellington, they don't seem to trust or rate him as much as Raza, which is fair enough as Raza is a pretty good bowler in limited overs formats. But we see Williams, Wes and Burl often bowl before or more frequently than Wello. If they don't rate him as the No.1 or No.2 spinner, I'd say he isn't worth playing so we'd be better off with Jongwe or even Marumani.

Moving forward, I'd say we should see more of Mavuta as he can on his day provide that X-Factor with the ball compared to containment which Wello provides. If they think they can get better containment from Raza, Williams and Wes, why not have an ACE up your sleeve like Mavuta?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

The big day is finally here.
Reputations will be made, hearts will be broken.

Blood pressure is already through the roof but the love of the game is why we do it hey.

Our little rag tag team with their boots glued together who have to go to Chicken Inn during the lunch interval because the venue can’t afford to put lunch on :lol: wouldn’t have it any other way.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's going to be very interesting if Masakdza plays today.
Without him having bowled common sense dictates he sit out.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

C'mon fellas! Let's get this done