Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:32 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:16 am
By the way I'm taking off from work tomorrow for this game. Generally when I do such things the team I support doesn't do well, but there is no point in sitting in office with my entire mind on this game, so I had no other option.

Also in 2018 I was in office, after the first innings, that rain delay and all I rushed back home early because I was too nervous and then I saw one of the saddest ends to a game for me... This time I want to avoid all that drama.
I'll be putting a large bet on Scotland to win to avoid stress and drama.

Either way, I win :) Happy to spend the money to get Zimbabwe through.
Haha.... Don't do that mate. Zimbabwe are still heavy favourites.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

sam_ahm wrote:
By the way I'm taking off from work tomorrow for this game. Generally when I do such things the team I support doesn't do well, but there is no point in sitting in office with my entire mind on this game, so I had no other option.

Also in 2018 I was in office, after the first innings, that rain delay and all I rushed back home early because I was too nervous and then I saw one of the saddest ends to a game for me... This time I want to avoid all that drama.
Same I am also taking off as in 2018 I went through the same thing . Also my Mrs birthday tomorrow but have planned everything either tonight at 12 and tomorrow after the game. hope zimbabwe doesn't disappoint me

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:44 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

Same I am also taking off as in 2018 I went through the same thing . Also my Mrs birthday tomorrow but have planned everything either tonight at 12 and tomorrow after the game. hope zimbabwe doesn't disappoint me
😆 you are a brave man Tej, I wouldn't have messed around with my Mrs birthday! 😆

Hope it's a good omen for Zimbabwe though and we make it to the World Cup.

Netherlands massive win today means that Zimbabwe cannot qualify if they lose tomorrow. The only option left now is to win. I'm nervous even as I write this, it's either 2018 all over again or we well and truly bury the ghosts once and for all.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I feel so nervous about this game. Honestly I didn't think we had much chance to qualify at the outset of this tournament due to the presence of Sri Lanka and the West Indies. To lose out to an associate would be most disappointing.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

It has all come a full circle guys. This tournament is very similar to 2018.

Zimbabwe won the crucial game against Afghanistan, their main competition for that other WC spot
Zimbabwe won the crucial game against West Indies, their main competition for that other WC spot

Zimbabwe beat Ireland to literally ensure a WC qualification having two chances to seal the spot. Zimbabwe unbeaten at this point.
Zimbabwe beat Netherlands and with Ireland already knocked out they again get two shots to seal the spot. Zimbabwe unbeaten at this point.

Zimbabwe lose to West Indies and get into a must win game against an associate (UAE) where they are the favourites
Zimbabwe lose to Sri Lanka and get into a must win game against an associate (Scotland) where they are the favourites

Zimbabwe lose to UAE. Crash out of WC. Heartbreak for fans.
????????????

It was after this heartbreak that I joined this forum as I feared for ZCs future and wanted to keep up with the latest happenings of ZC, and this forum was the place to do it.

We've gone through suspension, we've gone through the darkest of times, but one thing we fans haven't done is give up on this team. We've been through thick and thin, we have supported them through good and bad.

Tomorrow a dream will come true, or we face the heartbreak all over again. No matter what the result, I will still be with the team... Supporting them always.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:17 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:32 pm
sam_ahm wrote:

I'll be putting a large bet on Scotland to win to avoid stress and drama.

Either way, I win :) Happy to spend the money to get Zimbabwe through.
Haha.... Don't do that mate. Zimbabwe are still heavy favourites.
60-40…wouldn’t say heavy favorites.

ZIM, IRE, SCO, and NED are all roughly equal teams. You might even thrown the Windies in there. Comfortably behind AFG and SL but comfortably ahead of the likes of Nepal/UAE/Oman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I'm saying we'll win tomorrow. I'm backing the boys to come out with some fire in their bellies and make right on the ghosts of 2018. We've seen some of the best cricket from a Zimbabwean side since arguably the early 2000's. We've seen a resurgence in our batting and our fast bowlers have been phenomenal.
Have some faith men

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Biggest match of our recent lives gents. BP is off the scale already :lol:

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What do we stand to gain financially by getting to the world cup?

Donald

Post by Donald »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:00 pm
What do we stand to gain financially by getting to the world cup?
One million for participation fee not to mention other add ons