Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:51 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:48 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm
I am fucking depressed. Want to be in a corner and cry . My Mrs birthday today and i scheduled everything after the game. It's sad .worst part is no one here in India will seem to understand why Zimbabwe's loss is troubling me so much .
It's ok Tej. We are all in it together. I have a friend in office who messaged me right after the game saying "I know it is tough for you to take this but it's sport and this is a part of it".

My wife is telling me since yesterday that be mentally prepared for a loss!!!

Imagine what the players must be going through. It's tough, but this is not the end of the world. Zimbabwe is in good hands of Dave Houghton and they will rise from this.

Yes, we need a few youngsters to put their hands up. Let's see how it goes.
Thing that hurts me the most is we might never again see trip of Williams Raza and ervine together. I was so looking forward to 9 confirmed games in worldcup . 9 freaking games
I think all three will stick around until 2024 T20 WC. Ervine never hinted at any retirement in the post match interview, in fact he was saying how well the team has played and how they can carry this forward.

Not the right time to say this but T20 Africa Qualifiers start a day after the WC Finals, that is 20th Nov and Of course we've got Afghanistan next month.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I know a lot of you are trying to be circumspect, but we also need to be honest.

Much like 2018 and the T20WC, we got ourselves into a commanding position and put destiny in our hands, only to then go and screw it up.

I know Sole bowls fast and I know it's not the easiest thing, but we royally screwed up and it is unacceptable. We were dominating in a lot of our games and if we are honest, the signs were there against Oman. Our bowling in that match was at times very ordinary and we got a bit lucky with 1 or 2 wickets. We then played Sri Lanka and went to absolute shit. Yesterday I said how we allowed them 20-30 extra runs that they shouldn't have been given and we ended up losing by that margin.

We have to take some serious accountability and make some serious change if we want to see better results. This hurts so bad and it seems to me that we are not really learning from previous mistakes. Every time we seem to be doing so, our true form comes to the front.

I know I'm writing from a place of hurt and anger, but we are an International Test playing side. It's just not good enough.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

I'm still confused. Why was burl hitting boundaries when we needed 3.odd an over?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:12 pm
I'm still confused. Why was burl hitting boundaries when we needed 3.odd an over?
Because he was batting with Chatara and he’d just seen Wello & Ngarava go cheaply so he probably knew he couldn’t rely on Chatara and blessing to survive with him.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I don't know what to say

I'll just sit here in the grief

Andy31
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Andy31 »

Obviously this will hurt for awhile. They boys deserved to get to a world cup but so did Scotland. The tournament each year really just highlights the need to allow more teams.
I am hoping that if anything comes from this, it will be the continuation of positive change that has happened over the last few years. And not a repeat of last time where decisions were made all on emotion and we went backwards.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm
I am fucking depressed. Want to be in a corner and cry . My Mrs birthday today and i scheduled everything after the game. It's sad .worst part is no one here in India will seem to understand why Zimbabwe's loss is troubling me so much .
Hi Tej I can understand and share your sadness.
Though being 100% Italian with no ancestors/siblings there, I'm a strong supporter of Zimbabwe and follow all national team televised matches.

I feel bad especially for the marvellous crowd who kept dancing and supporting the team from the stands.

What I hope is that such enthusiasm may be conveyed in the continuation of rebuilding Cricket Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe cricket is surely better now than 5 - 7 years ago. I hope the process continue.

jontym87

Post by jontym87 »

So ya'll thought Zimbabwe will qualify :D :D :D :D

There is a zimbabwean song that goes like "DONT BLAME PEOPLE FOR DISAPPOINTING YOU. BLAME YOURSELF FOR TRUSTING THEM. TRUST NOBODY, SUSPECT EVERYBODY"

:D :D :D :D
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Oh here we fucking go. No surprises you’ve crawled out the woodwork again hey

jontym87

Post by jontym87 »

secretzimbo wrote: