Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Scotland | ICC CWC Qualifier Super Sixes | 4th July 2023

Post by zimbos_05 »

Anyone feel like our scheduling didn't really help us? It felt like we were just playing one game after the other with not much of a break. All the other teams seem to have some generous breaks in between their games.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:17 am
Anyone feel like our scheduling didn't really help us? It felt like we were just playing one game after the other with not much of a break. All the other teams seem to have some generous breaks in between their games.
Not just the quick games but the sequencing was quite poor as well, ideally Zimbabwe should have got Oman right at the end to see how much NRR has to be made up. Home boards definitely have a say in the scheduling and I don't know what ZC were thinking.

Also I read a very valid point on Twitter, that Zim played all the games against Shaheens at Harare and there was severe lack of preparation for games at Bulawayo... Again a stupid mistake by ZC.

Moreover in the first round you are bound to face 2 easy opponents (Nepal and USA) they could have so easily scheduled the 1R games at Bulawayo and the main ones, the super sixes where you definitely face tougher opponents, at Harare.

The crowd and environment at HSC was electric, somehow Bulawayo seemed a little off colour.

I don't want to make excuses. At the end of the day we should have gone through. But these are small points that do matter.

Edit: Ok, My first point is wrong. It was expected to be SL, IRE, SCOT as the three qualifiers... So ZC did schedule the game against Q3 at the end. Fair enough. It's just that Oman took Ireland's spot.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Cobblers lol.

The boys lacked the mental fortitude to chase a sub 5 an over total, even at 4 down after the Scotland quick ripped through the heart and sole of the top order, sensible batting would have brought it home.

Anything else is just making excuses I’m afraid.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:00 pm
Not just the quick games but the sequencing was quite poor as well, ideally Zimbabwe should have got Oman right at the end to see how much NRR has to be made up. Home boards definitely have a say in the scheduling and I don't know what ZC were thinking.
Thats the foolish approach to it. You don't know which teams will be in contention to qualify and/or the order of specific opponents. Which is why its important for all teams to go 100% in every game to maximize your NRR at ever stage of a tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)