Where to from here?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Where to from here?

Post by sam_ahm »

It's not about the seniors guys, yes they may yet stick around for now but we need some good youngsters to take over. That is the need of the hour.

Some capable lower order batters will also help. Esp No. 8 and 9.

In hindsight, yes, someone like a Gary Ballance would have made a difference in this tournament but we can't cry over split milk. But we need mentally strong players who do not crumble under pressure. I hope we find them.

It's a long road ahead. The only good thing is that we do have a T20 WC next year. That's the only motivation now for these guys.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I'm not advocating for a complete cleanout, if Williams, Raza, or Ervine want to stick around a bit longer their experience is valuable, but we do need to clearly identify who their replacements are and give them opportunities. Burl stepped up today with little support around him, hopefully that is a sign of things to come.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Ervine is a goner. He'll probably retire before getting pushed.

I hope Dave keeps his job but I don't see how this is any different to Heath Streak in 2018. Why does Dave stay but not Streak?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I will buy juju for those fuckers if they push Sean out. Fuck them. They should fuck off themselves, they're the problem.

Cartwright is here in 2 weeks. Bet on another murungu :lol:

Ming
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Ming »

One major, major positive from this tournament is the popular support we've seen. I sure as hell hope that we can maintain this...
Peterhouse U14C 4th change bowler and no. 10 batsman (but only because Aaron didn't have a bat).

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Besides the big three (if they stay), who's going to score our next international century?

Maybe Burl, Madhevere... then who?

This is our problem.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:50 pm
I will buy juju for those fuckers if they push Sean out. Fuck them. They should fuck off themselves, they're the problem.

Cartwright is here in 2 weeks. Bet on another murungu :lol:
Do a background check on him. Does he have a history of molesting koala bears or shouting at Aborigines or going walkabout.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:34 pm
Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:32 pm
Yes we qualify automatically and if I was one of those 3 I would do my best to be there. My very best.
Ervine/Raza would be 41. Williams would be 40. I can't see it happening.

Even if they wanted to, the end seems to come quickly for batsmen. What's to say in a year or two it just dries up for them. Four years is a long time.
Envsaging what they may do in their early fortys, I agree that they hardly will be the absolute leaders they are now.

On the other hand I feel confident that they would still have the skills to be among Zimbabwe 11 best players.

Drawback is still that Zimbabwe needs new leaders and, presently, there are not at the horizon.

franco vazquez
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by franco vazquez »

I’m pretty sure if Evans was playing, he would have got Zim at least closer or over the line with his batting

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Doubt there will be coaching changes. DH did his job perfectly. In fact he trusted these guys to a fault