Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just watched a bit of highlights of yesterday's last match as I just wanted to see how HSC looks at night. Yes, quite unbelievable that this indeed happened! Good vibes!

But going by how it looked when Wellington took those 3 catches in the outfield and when Faraz dropped one earlier, surely, this is nowhere near enough light for a normal international match to happen?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Ya no way it would get ICC approval. Hopefully they can adjust the angle of the lights in the future or something. Or lights in the stands will help

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya the light itself seems fine, was bright enough on the square, maybe some refocusing for better coverage across the field will make a difference. Some lights in the stands and a decent scoreboard would be useful too.

Super excited already for today’s games. This kind of makes up for the disappointment of not qualifying. It actually is happening, a global competition and floodlight cricket at HSC. Who’d have thought it hey?!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:20 am
Ya the light itself seems fine, was bright enough on the square, maybe some refocusing for better coverage across the field will make a difference. Some lights in the stands and a decent scoreboard would be useful too.

Super excited already for today’s games. This kind of makes up for the disappointment of not qualifying. It actually is happening, a global competition and floodlight cricket at HSC. Who’d have thought it hey?!
Nah! Doesn't make up for missing out on the WC, that pain is altogether different. I'm just hoping that financially it will help ZC and it is a great opportunity for Zimbabwean players to learn while playing along side some top international players, even the experienced ones. If this improves the players even by 20% then I'm happy.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:05 am
Pat_Bee wrote:

Nah! Doesn't make up for missing out on the WC, that pain is altogether different. I'm just hoping that financially it will help ZC and it is a great opportunity for Zimbabwean players to learn while playing along side some top international players, even the experienced ones. If this improves the players even by 20% then I'm happy.
It makes up for my disappointment that should probably say lol. That’s old news now. The future is bright and floodlit.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:05 am
Pat_Bee wrote:

Definitely doesn't make up for it of course. But it's good timing. Can help us and well, the whole country, move on from it a bit. It's keeping the positive mood and momentum up. What a difference from 2018!

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Tino Mawoyo lol

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

I won’t be surprised if this league makes into the news for some suspected fixing like the the parent t10 league always do. The overseas players are few low quality except for a few county bashers and even the local players spot is being hogged by retired or over the hill players

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Is Williams dropped ? Everytime he doesn't play a game . I fear that we might never see him again

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:05 pm
I won’t be surprised if this league makes into the news for some suspected fixing like the the parent t10 league always do. The overseas players are few low quality except for a few county bashers and even the local players spot is being hogged by retired or over the hill players
Considering it's bang in the middle of the English summer, and there's quite a lot of international cricket happening, plus the MLC and the GT20 - I think the quality of international players here is pretty decent actually. Sure, there's a few random guys I've barely heard of and a few over-the-hill but there's some quality too.

There aren't many better bowlers in the world than the likes of Mujeeb and Noor. Nabi is a hell of a player too.
The English contingent of Mills/Banton/Smeed/Curran is pretty good. Patel and Bopara are masters of this kind of cricket.

There's some good South Asians and a few decent Saffers and Aussies too.

And as old as they are, some of the 'legends' are still impressive to see. never thought I'd see Morgan playing in a league in Zimbabwe.