Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zim Afro T10 | 20th-28th July 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:22 pm
franco vazquez wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:14 pm
Floodlights are pretty bad. It's dark in the deep.
Not helped by the fact the spectators are sitting in the pitch dark. Lights in the stands would help the deep look lighter.
Yeah, a few lights in the stands will definitely make it look better. They need to keep improving the infrastructure as we move along.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Nyauchi can replace Larry now

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

So…

What’s the verdict then?

I found it very enjoyable and looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Nice to see our boys, legends from elsewhere. The lights were brilliant. Maybe a little murky in the deep if I’m honest but great none the less. I would have had Tino Mawoyo for sure and possibly Stanley Chioza on commentary lol but that is just me.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Tino in tomorrow

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:08 pm
Tino in tomorrow
Wow! Could it get any better lol?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Just watched all three games. Not sure what I was watching but here are some thoughts.

1) Sad that it took some mickey mouse comp to get floodlights, electronic advertising and some stadium development. The lights need to be better though, the outfield still seems dark. It's like they only put light on the table.
2) Can see why this format is not great. Players swinging wildly, no real cricket tactics involved. If this was a T20 comp don't with proper structure and drafting (not some indian love fest), I think we'd have had more broadcast potential.

On a side note, I see what people say about Raza. Good player, but often loses his body shape. If he can keep his head still and get his body shape right, he's extremely dangerous but because he loses shape often, he's always a risk for a bad shot.

Overall, nice to see some international players on our shores. Pity we are not seeing them at their full potential due to format. Hope things keep improving and getting better and this does not turn into an investigation like someone said earlier.

Xlife
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Xlife »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:52 pm
So…

What’s the verdict then?

I found it very enjoyable and looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Nice to see our boys, legends from elsewhere. The lights were brilliant. Maybe a little murky in the deep if I’m honest but great none the less. I would have had Tino Mawoyo for sure and possibly Stanley Chioza on commentary lol but that is just me.
T10 sucks but this tournament has a lot of international attention. That last Buffaloes/Braves game has 1 million views on YouTube. Rare for a Zimbabwe game to ever come close to those kind of online numbers

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

T10 sucks . Its just blind hitting . This format will make ervine and Williams look really bad. I wish this was a T20 comp. Would have been far better that way

Googly

Post by Googly »

My 10c worth
Taskin Ahmed and Tynmal Mills have got serious gas.
Hafeez' 6fer is a record that will never be broken.
I think there were 4 occasions where bowlers were bowling for a hattrick. Don't see that ever day. There were probably about 8 first ball ducks.

T10 is not that different to T20. You need 2 boundaries an over and you're getting 120 plus.
The first 2 overs in particular are vital.
Two quiet overs loses you the game as a batting side.

Pitch was poor, staying way too low and taking lots of turn.
Saw a lot of batsmen being undone by balls coming thru a foot off the ground.
110 was probably a par score last night. It should be more today as batters adjust to the pitch. But maybe the next deck will behave differently??
Lights need to be adjusted. 3 corners were in darkness.
Surpringly poor crowd turnout for what was truly a great spectacle. We've needed something like this so badly. I pray it takes off and becomes an annual event.
Hopefully ZC get to hang onto those boundary TV advertising things.

They really need to put up on the screens who is batting, bowling, the run rate and how many are required off remaining deliveries. Nobody has a clue so its hard to get involved. They could at least put a light on the manual scoreboard and run a few lights over the grandstands, it would help.

Ervine loves Chatara. Gave him the last over and he nearly bottled it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whenever you see ZC bring school kids in you know they're worried about attendance.
It's vital that we get a crowd. If they're charging entry for Castle Corner they need to make it free.