Harare Metropolitan League Kicks Off

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Harare Metropolit 2an League Kicks Off

Post by gargamel »

Rainbow Cricket Club(195 AO 48.3) pulled off a tough 49 run win against a spirited Country Club (146 43.6). RCC got their innings underway with the first openning century stand of 109 thanks to a classy 59(68) from Tari Mahlunge and 46(56) from Ashley Mwenda . The team eventually sucommed to the willy bowling of good old Chris Harris who took 3 wickets with a tight spell of bowling .Country club bowlers Malcom Lake and Culum Price struggled to make an in roads with the bowling which was taken on by a 16 old legspinner who snapped up 3 quck wickets to cause a batting collapse before a quick fire 23 of 10 by Peacemore Zimwa boosted RCC with a defendable total.

Country Clubs chase got off to a steady start with the oppenning pair putting up 28 runs before Brighton Zhawi was rewarded for a testing spell of hostile quick bowling got the first wicket caught at first slip by Brightom Mugochi. Brighton Mugochi came on to bowl a telling spell saw former under 19 captain Bently batting at four continue to strugle witha poor 3 runs off 20 balls. Country club pushed on with an exciting batting partnership between Campbell Light who smashed an entertain 34 off 56 and Smith who was on 38 off 67. The partnership threatend to take the game away from RCC before Peacemore Zimwa came into bowl 10 overs straight with a telling spell that saw him grab two wickets for 18 runs and was involved in a gripping battlle with his former under 19 coach Chris Harris that saw both players attack and counter attack but tight infielding and pressure saw Country Club fall under the watchfull eye of Alister Campbell and Mr Higgins.

Results and tables of the past weeks games i hope to have next week,
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Harare Metropolitan League Kicks Off

Post by eugene »

Has Bentley ever scored big? I may have missed it, but everytime I hear about him he has got out for single figures.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

cock

Post by cock »

I happenned to be at country club yesterday so I watched the match between Rainbow and Country Club. The dissappointing thing was the umpires spoilt what could have been a good game by some disgraceful desicions against Country Club both when they were bowling and when they were batting. It was so bad that Country Club Captain Chris Harris said he would never play league cricket again in Zimbabwe because of the umpiring.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

cock wrote:I happenned to be at country club yesterday so I watched the match between Rainbow and Country Club. The dissappointing thing was the umpires spoilt what could have been a good game by some disgraceful desicions against Country Club both when they were bowling and when they were batting. It was so bad that Country Club Captain Chris Harris said he would never play league cricket again in Zimbabwe because of the umpiring.
Thats great to have another forumite following the league. The umpireing was bad on both sides and you have with some shockers with the LBW . I do understand the Country Club were a missing some senior players like Simon Seagers and Brad Evans who was at the t20 but to be honest Country Club should have won the game by miles but failed to punish the dropped catches and i still did not get why Chris came into bat at 8 instead of sending the those 14 year olds in to bat they would have one.The great thing for me is that Country Club is really developing some good youngsters and i was encouraged by the leg spinner who caused the Rainbow collapse . But credit must also go to Rainbow for having the killer instinct to win a tough game against a good side.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Just In
Old Hararians VS Glenshire Venue OH 30/09/12

Glenshire 260 (D Kamundati 101* T Chikodzi 49) beat Old Hararians 175 ( M Vermulean 41, D Kamundati 5 - 30) by 85 runs.

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Takashinga Cricket 2 VS Harare Sports Club Venue Alex Sports Club 30/09/12
Harare Sports Club ( S.Gupo 31 N.Waller 3/31(9)beat Takasinga2 187 (K Kaia 31 B Tembo 32) by 7 runs.

aydee

Post by aydee »

cock wrote:I happenned to be at country club yesterday so I watched the match between Rainbow and Country Club. The dissappointing thing was the umpires spoilt what could have been a good game by some disgraceful desicions against Country Club both when they were bowling and when they were batting. It was so bad that Country Club Captain Chris Harris said he would never play league cricket again in Zimbabwe because of the umpiring.
This is a shame. Was very encouraged to hear that someone with the experience of Harris was playing in local league cricket, can only be of massie benefit to what seems to be a very young Country Club XI. Hopefully he retracts that decision when the pain of defeat has lessened!

Also, a shame that the standard of umpiring is not really up to scratch. There have also been many comments to this effect at franchise level as well, and we have seen it from some of the local umps in T20Is particularly. I guess the trouble is that many of them are too young to have had a significant playing career. Hopefully in a decade or so, many of the present generation of players will move into umpiring, like what happens in county cricket. Also the present umpires will have had several more years of experience. However, it looks as if this is going to be a problem area for the forseable future. Not many Zim umpires knocking on the door of the international panel, let alone the elite panel!

Xlife

Post by Xlife »

This is great stuff hearing about the Harare league, anyone who can start a similar thread for the Bulawayo league? Would be nice to get news from there as well?

PieChucker

Post by PieChucker »

Gargamel, who is D Kamundati?
That's a pretty good all round performance - know anything about him?

gargamel

Post by gargamel »

Round 4 fixtures for the Harare Metro League

First League Fixtures 07 October 2012:
OH VS Harare Sports Club Venue:Alex Sports Club
Takashinga1 vs Rainbow Venue: Takashinga Sports Club
Takashinga2 vs Old Malrvenians Venue: OH
Uprising VS Glenshire Venue: Sunrise Sports Club
Alex Sports Club is on a bye.
Attachments