Zimbabwe Emerging Tour of South Africa

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Emerging Tour of South Africa

Post by zimfan1 »

I think Frost has thrown his lot in with Ireland.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

No my Post was aimed at the other guy Googly, he repeats the same thing thousands of times over and I think he just wants us to send the Harare North U14 team to every senior competition :lol:

Ya Frost wants to play for Ireland, I’ve seen interviews where he’s said so. But I believe he is coming back again to play for Rocks this season (and J Schadendorf) so I mean if he has a great season and gets picked here I suppose the door is open. I don’t think he is world class though. Same for Jayden, although both seem better than they used to be.
Dane has 1 more year on his Notts contract I believe. He’s being treated terribly over there imo, much like Nick.

Glad people are starting to see Madande’s talent!!
Last edited by secretzimbo on Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think Myers has 1 more year at uni, I think? Pretty sure he started in Sept 2021

Googly

Post by Googly »

Does anyone have a list of the overseas players that might be coming out?
If Qalanders send some fast bowlers as has been said it limits spots.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I think the press release from Pakistan said that their quicks were coming from September-December?

So presumably there would be spots for some County bats after new year still. Which probably suits most of them.

I suppose Nick and J Schadendorf can play as locals this year.

PJ has to play as an overseas now. With spots limited and him having now made his Ireland debut I wonder if Mountaineers will stop extending that hand of friendship?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Some good posts here and I don't know what to say because you guys know these players far better than me. I can understand one thing that as expected we do lack depth and there is a need to unearth more talented players. Things are on the up, so hopefully we will have more good players coming through.

What concerns me a little is that teams like UAE and Netherlands have managed to groom some good talent. I was watching UAE v NZ and they've got some of these young teenagers who look damn impressive and as far as I know they are all home grown talent - Aaryansh Sharma, Aayan Khan, Ali Naseer, Viriitya Aravind and a couple more... They look very talented to me and I'm not saying this on the back of yesterday's win. I'm just a bit concerned if we are saying that Zimbabwe's upcoming players are kind of 'expected' to lose to a SA Emerging team full of unknowns, that concerns me but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Shouldn't the matches have List A status ?

Also I would have liked to see Clive Madande or Wessly Madhevere captain the side.

Donald

Post by Donald »

So nick welch is back for good?

Certainly helps with 20 20 qualifiers around the corner.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Yes but I doubt he'll be parachuted straight into the national team at first. Hasn't played a huge amount of cricket in England the past two seasons so you'd want him to get time in the middle and runs for Eagles first.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:43 am
Yes but I doubt he'll be parachuted straight into the national team at first. Hasn't played a huge amount of cricket in England the past two seasons so you'd want him to get time in the middle and runs for Eagles first.
Depends when the season starts back up again i guess.

Im guessing it is Nick who had decided to come back rather than the county team not extending contract or nick looking elsewhere in england?

If thats the case then you would wager he has had talks regarding his future with zim cricket hierarchy